Nov 5 2010 - GT5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sweet. I'll just wait a month after it comes out and grab it for $20 off. :)

yea but then while everyone who bought it on time will be racing online with bugattis and lambos, you will be stuck finishing your D class license in a suzuki cervo.

im going to force a friend to buy it (he has a ps3) and thats just about as good as me having it ;)

just cant justify buying a ps3 for one game.. well i guess its a blu ray player as well, maybe i will get one.. hehe

the blue ray player is all i'd buy it for.. i'd probably pick up a copy of GT5 to go w/ it though...actually, never gonna happen .. i'll buy the new 360 and a blueray seperately before i do that

Blueray players are dropping fast enough in price that buying a PS3 these days for the player isnt really cost effective. Plus more and more Blueray players are comming out with native netflix, hulu and networked media playback.

what about being able to remotely turn on my ps3 watch movies that are stored on my ps3 from my psp wherever there is a wireless internet connection? no regular blu ray player can do that.

yea.. ps3 blu-ray is one of the best available.. thats the only reason my buddy bought the ps3.. he's played games maybe an hour on it since he's had it.. over a year at least

i agree there are few incentives to buy a ps3. however, depending on what kind of games you play, itll affect your buying choice. i feel the xbox 360 leans more into the FPS games and the PS3 leans more into the RPG games, just like the old xbox vs ps2. but now adays, one can argue that both systems have almost the same games because the lack of console exclusivity. when you really look though, most of the japanese and quirkly little rpg companies release only for the ps3 and xbox still has the most popular FPS titles.

that said, if youre choice was or is to buy the ps3 for blu-ray, it can do much more media wise. its much easier to update your harddrive to a larger one, the limiting factor being only physical dimensions and you can use it as a media streamer or center.

im not sure which files are supported by the xbox 360 or if you can even get xbmc on it, but the ps3 supports almost all files factory except .mkv and .flv. but just about anything else will play.

with all that said, no one can defeat the power of the N.

i will however concede that they will be superior to Forza 3 in visual comparisons. the process they used for scanning the cars will give them an edge graphics wise. Forza did it on some cars, Sony did it for all cars. Benefits of being a japanese company and having access to a lot of japanese cars.

Meh? Japanese cars let me think about this one.

um

GTR
LFA

ok I'm stuck. What else was there?

Europe > > > > > > > Japan when it comes to real sports cars.

I'm still rockin a tube tv, so even the blu ray means nothing to me. I might even decide to wait till I can get GT5 used and then buy a PS3.

i agree there are few incentives to buy a ps3. however, depending on what kind of games you play, itll affect your buying choice. i feel the xbox 360 leans more into the FPS games and the PS3 leans more into the RPG games, just like the old xbox vs ps2. but now adays, one can argue that both systems have almost the same games because the lack of console exclusivity. when you really look though, most of the japanese and quirkly little rpg companies release only for the ps3 and xbox still has the most popular FPS titles.

The only big MS exclusive FPS that I can think of is Halo. Like you said, most everything else is multi-plat at this point. MS does have Gears of War too. Not an FPS though...

Meh? Japanese cars let me think about this one.

um

GTR
LFA

ok I'm stuck. What else was there?

Europe > > > > > > > Japan when it comes to real sports cars.

i agree, when it comes to sports cars.

but there are hundreds of race cars. think of all the GT spec cars, le mans cars, and other race cars that appear in the game. i'm thinking more about the Zama cars, race cars, prototypes, and one offs they have there. the japanese just have an advantage of getting more time with those cars than xbox. they can do a whole different level of image scanning.

plus, sony has longer relationships with auto manufacturers. i can't guarantee gameplay on GT5 will be better, but visually it will be. just because of a different process.

The only big MS exclusive FPS that I can think of is Halo. Like you said, most everything else is multi-plat at this point. MS does have Gears of War too. Not an FPS though...

you still have Quake, FEAR, Mass Effect (not a true FPS like GoW, but close) and Splinter Cell.

but if youre a true FPS whore, youd be gaming on a PC anyway :p

All of which you can uh... "obtain" and play on the PC. I'm not too interested in multiplayer on the Halo games anyway- so I can grab them and play through on the PC to experience the environment and the story.

you still have Quake, FEAR, Mass Effect (not a true FPS like GoW, but close) and Splinter Cell.

Exactly. Although I did play Resistance 2 for a while- but that was because it was $20 and had good reviews. Great game. I still prefer FPS gaming on the PC. Quake and Unreal Tournament FTW! Oh, TF2 too. :)

FEAR is on both platforms, and some of the Splinter Cell and Quake games are on both. Mass Effect is the only one of those that's 360 exclusive, and like you said, it's not really an FPS...

Exactly. Although I did play Resistance 2 for a while- but that was because it was $20 and had good reviews. Great game. I still prefer FPS gaming on the PC. Quake and Unreal Tournament FTW! Oh, TF2 too. :)

Yeah, I have the first Resistance game, but hadn't gotten around to the second yet. If it's down to $20 now then maybe I'll have to pick it up...

my cars better be transferrable from gt psp to gt5 or i am going to be pissed!

Yes they def will be. They said that when GT PSP came out. You won't be pissed ^^/.

Jesus H fing christ. Can there be no topic posted on games that doesnt turn into "I like to hump the 569058694680 xboxs i have owned it's so much better, etc, etc"? Who gives a fuck if you like the shit box or not. This is a GT5 forum. Discuss GT5.

That being said I can't wait for this shit to finally come out. I want to be able to drive a nice selection of cars. Disappointed forza 3 gave us the Euro junk CTR and not the new sedan. I want to drive that car badly. As well as be able to tune a nice EF9 SiR... this one better have it or I might fight someone at polyphony.

Back