nov 9, firefox 1.0 final comes out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 8 2004, 07:37 PM
mozilla ownz IE... thanks for intoducing it to me. My computer runs 10 times better. And believe that it will be on the top of my list tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
[post=413925]Quoted post[/post]​

converting ther world, one member at a time :)

nerds unite.. let us push up our black frames together... lol

btw maybe they should charge.. pay for a new server that got brought to it's knees lol

Originally posted by Havok@Nov 9 2004, 11:52 AM
downloaded it, nothing special....Deleted it.
[post=414213]Quoted post[/post]​

its not what you see.... its what you don't see.

its the on the fly XPI's
its the tabs
its the built in tool bars
its the 340 other toolbars you can install on the fly with xpi's
its the fact that it was made YESTERDAY, not Feb 6, 2000 like IE 6.

4 years on the net is forever ago.
hell, CGI scripting was king 4 years ago.
php was barely used.
asp was impossible to find a host for (windows NT servers back in the day for web = expensive)

lots of things have changed. its time to keep up with the times, or get left behind.

Eric said it best :

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE"

I have a firewall, and I.E. works fine.

95% of the people are left behind. The other 5% are fuckwads.

Firewalls don't save you from everything.

Originally posted by Trinity@Nov 9 2004, 09:45 PM
honestly pages load slower with mozilla
[post=414495]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, but not all pages load slower then IE. but it sure beats the hell out of running spybot and ad-aware every month.

poor code makes a site load slow.

from my experience with both browsers... firfox is SLGIHTLY faster than ie6. but again, its more the code of the page, and a lot too- your computer it self. if your ram is tapped, its going to take longer to render.
firefox does use more ram than ie6.

seems to be pretty heavy on resources.. i have three tabs open and FF is using 105 megs of ram

but on the other hand the consolidation factor of three browsers on one window is pretty damn sweet. i gotta say.. (shut up B) now if they can get the ram whoring down a bit i think we'd have a sweet condendor.

read on slash dot today (even though it's been old news) with googles browser coming out, MS is gonna start getting heavy back into their browser world.. so hopefully their compitition will produce better browsers... hey it could be worse we could be using NS 4.7 lol

Yeah.... Firefox does eat a LOT of RAM. If I have a browser open all day, a little memory leak somewhere causes it to suck up more than 200 megs of memory.

price you pay for "security" even though im with havok on this one.. if you take the right steps to protect yourself no matter if you use ie 4 lol you should be ok. Either way i'd like to see FF have a hot key to switch between tabs (unless i dont know about it) i love "alt tab" having more windows and ability to switch with a hot key is almost counteracting the coolness of tabs

Back