1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

now dodge is pissing me off

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by Seany-izzle, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/charger/index.html
    at first i was like "cool they brought back the charger", but to find out that they basicly made a sedan magnum i said to myslelf "fuck dodge". Its getting annoying how they are putting truck front ends on their cars along with stuffing a fuckin hemi in everything with doors. I mean, its a great engine and all, but branch the fuck out... plus, was the charger ever a fourdoor?? and why call it a charger if its a fuckin magnum without the wagon!! WTF!!!??

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I guess there are supposed to be 2 versions, with the Charter R/T being a 2-door coupe. It's still Hemi powered of course.

3. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

Not to mention almost all automobiles these days use a hemispherical head.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:werd:

5. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Thats a shame. The Charger they were pushing on the 2000 show circuits was a 500 hp, V8 CNG car.

Yes, that's Compressed Natural Gas.

-> Steve

6. Guy

Guy Senior Member

Not quite. If I understand correctly, Modern engines usually use pentangular (pentroof) heads, not hemispherical. Hemispherical heads, due to their shape, only allow for two valves (albeit large valves) per cylinder, which is why the v8 hemi has as many valves as my b16.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

hemi = in on one side, out on the other.... something thats been on 98.423423% of all motors ever made.

nothing more.

if you think its somethign else or "elite" congradualtions, you got fucked by a marketing term

8. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

9. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

actually Brian is right . . . he just forgot 2 other important things that makes up a HEMI engine

he had "in one side out the other"
    but to be a HEMI you also need a central mounted sopark plug between the intake and exhaust valve or valves.

so guess what . . . the B16 is a "hemi" engine :woo:

10. VTEC_CBR

VTEC_CBR Senior Member

yes it needs a spark plug in the middle, but the b16 still isn't a hemi, it's THE SHAPE OF THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER, the b16 is a pent roof or something like that it's called, not hemi

11. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

:werd:
    but in all honesty, :gives:

12. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

dodge patented the design as the hemi, its the most effecient design, hence the reason just about every car has had it or will have, god knows the GM wedge design is a piece of crap, but they cant copy the hemi cause its patented! blast.. oh well might as well make it as close as possible.

and i agree dodge is ghetto, puttin the hemi in everything they got, slap a blower on it, thats what i say.

13. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

That concept looks like ass :puke: . The only worthy car to come out of dodge lately,IMO, is the srt-4 "if you can really call it worthy."

14. deejay

deejay Junior Member

i think its funny how at how stuff works where they say the hemi is good design and compares the engine to other v8s and forget to mention the 5.7L v8 chevy engine in the vette with 400 hp

15. trappd-in-859

trappd-in-859 New Member

Its just dodge's derperate attempt at keeping up with ford, chevy, and pontiac.

16. hondarin

hondarin Please enter a value using 50 characters or fewer. VIP

uhh... ya, but if you're talking about the c6 corvette, it has 400hp in a 6.0L V8. however, last year's z06 had 405hp in a 5.7L, and so did the year before that, and the year before that, and i think the year before that too (the first generation z06 c5 had 385hp in a 5.7L). also, the zr1 corvettes from i believe 92-95 had 5.7L DOHC V8's with 400hp. i'm pretty sure that was the only DOHC V8 chevy ever made, but i could possibly be mistaken. i love corvettes :D

and oh yea, to be a "Hemi" you must have a hemispherical combustion chamber with exhaust ports on one side, and intake on the other with a spark plug in the middle, and it must come from mopar (dodge chrysler jeep). the fact of the matter is that "Hemi" is a trademarked patented design owned by the dodge conglomerates. so, the only way to have a hemi in your honda, or any other car that isn't part of the dodge family, would be to slap a new head on your engine, or drop in a performance "Hemi" from mopar.

17. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

the only import hemi's ive ever heard of is the toyota 3tc(?). they are pretty old and now toyota doesnt use that head anymore(all pentroof i think). that should tell you something.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted