now dodge is pissing me off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/charger/index.html
at first i was like "cool they brought back the charger", but to find out that they basicly made a sedan magnum i said to myslelf "fuck dodge". Its getting annoying how they are putting truck front ends on their cars along with stuffing a fuckin hemi in everything with doors. I mean, its a great engine and all, but branch the fuck out... plus, was the charger ever a fourdoor?? and why call it a charger if its a fuckin magnum without the wagon!! WTF!!!??

I guess there are supposed to be 2 versions, with the Charter R/T being a 2-door coupe. It's still Hemi powered of course.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 28 2005, 11:29 AM
Not to mention almost all automobiles these days use a hemispherical head.
[post=452589]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Thats a shame. The Charger they were pushing on the 2000 show circuits was a 500 hp, V8 CNG car.

Yes, that's Compressed Natural Gas.

-> Steve

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 28 2005, 12:29 PM
Not to mention almost all automobiles these days use a hemispherical head.
[post=452589]Quoted post[/post]​

Not quite. If I understand correctly, Modern engines usually use pentangular (pentroof) heads, not hemispherical. Hemispherical heads, due to their shape, only allow for two valves (albeit large valves) per cylinder, which is why the v8 hemi has as many valves as my b16.

hemi = in on one side, out on the other.... something thats been on 98.423423% of all motors ever made.

nothing more.

if you think its somethign else or "elite" congradualtions, you got fucked by a marketing term

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@Jan 28 2005, 08:44 PM
actually guy is right, http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hemi.htm
[post=452860]Quoted post[/post]​

actually Brian is right . . . he just forgot 2 other important things that makes up a HEMI engine

he had "in one side out the other"
but to be a HEMI you also need a central mounted sopark plug between the intake and exhaust valve or valves.

so guess what . . . the B16 is a "hemi" engine :woo:

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac+Feb 18 2005, 07:31 PM-->
@Jan 28 2005, 08:44 PM

actually Brian is right . . . he just forgot 2 other important things that makes up a HEMI engine

but to be a HEMI you also need a central mounted sopark plug between the intake and exhaust valve or valves.

[post=462888]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it needs a spark plug in the middle, but the b16 still isn't a hemi, it's THE SHAPE OF THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER, the b16 is a pent roof or something like that it's called, not hemi

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR+Feb 18 2005, 05:40 PM-->
Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Feb 18 2005, 07:31 PM
VTEC_CBR
@Jan 28 2005, 08:44 PM

[post=462888]Quoted post[/post]​

yes it needs a spark plug in the middle, but the b16 still isn't a hemi, it's THE SHAPE OF THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER, the b16 is a pent roof or something like that it's called, not hemi
[post=462892]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
but in all honesty, :gives:

dodge patented the design as the hemi, its the most effecient design, hence the reason just about every car has had it or will have, god knows the GM wedge design is a piece of crap, but they cant copy the hemi cause its patented! blast.. oh well might as well make it as close as possible.

and i agree dodge is ghetto, puttin the hemi in everything they got, slap a blower on it, thats what i say.

That concept looks like ass :puke: . The only worthy car to come out of dodge lately,IMO, is the srt-4 "if you can really call it worthy."

i think its funny how at how stuff works where they say the hemi is good design and compares the engine to other v8s and forget to mention the 5.7L v8 chevy engine in the vette with 400 hp

Originally posted by deejay@Feb 19 2005, 08:40 PM
i think its funny how at how stuff works where they say the hemi is good design and compares the engine to other v8s and forget to mention the 5.7L v8 chevy engine in the vette with 400 hp
[post=463308]Quoted post[/post]​

uhh... ya, but if you're talking about the c6 corvette, it has 400hp in a 6.0L V8. however, last year's z06 had 405hp in a 5.7L, and so did the year before that, and the year before that, and i think the year before that too (the first generation z06 c5 had 385hp in a 5.7L). also, the zr1 corvettes from i believe 92-95 had 5.7L DOHC V8's with 400hp. i'm pretty sure that was the only DOHC V8 chevy ever made, but i could possibly be mistaken. i love corvettes :D

and oh yea, to be a "Hemi" you must have a hemispherical combustion chamber with exhaust ports on one side, and intake on the other with a spark plug in the middle, and it must come from mopar (dodge chrysler jeep). the fact of the matter is that "Hemi" is a trademarked patented design owned by the dodge conglomerates. so, the only way to have a hemi in your honda, or any other car that isn't part of the dodge family, would be to slap a new head on your engine, or drop in a performance "Hemi" from mopar.

the only import hemi's ive ever heard of is the toyota 3tc(?). they are pretty old and now toyota doesnt use that head anymore(all pentroof i think). that should tell you something.

Back