Now Interviewing: Celerity's roommate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

This is your chance of a lifetime ! I am currently looking for a ROOMMATE !

I have a few options available, and I'm interviewing around the area as well. I will only take a friend in, no strangers.

I have 2 bedrooms open, one is full of windows in the front of the house, across from the police station. You'll get to see the drunks get bitten by dogs and the run-away pill heads try to get away from the cops. It's a hoot.

The other bedroom is the master bedroom, it's in the back of the house, with a private bathroom and very little in the way of a window.

Both are second story, hardwood floors with a closet.

I've got a single-wide driveway, but I have a huge garage for bikes / car / project whatever. I also have a huge office in the basement that could be available, and a large pantry.

The bad: My house follows "mi casa / su casa" rules. There is no dedicated food shelf or fridge shelf. All food is shared. I have 4 cloned cats that tend to be a little ... strange. I have a laundrette that is on the edge of failure, and a stove that is about to blow up. Oh, and my mother is living here in another bedroom for the remainder of the summer. She's a hoot, and dinner is always made. There is also major construction going on in all rooms - The chimney is coming down and the attic blown out, which affects all bedrooms at the same time.

This house is a hoot. Trip-hop and techno is the rule, not the exception. There is routinely fun things going on the workbench, from exotic PC builds to tesla coils, van der graff generators, and mechanical fabrications. It's also pretty clean, and available in about 3 months. I'll do any kind of length occupation, for an open price (Depending on what you wanna do)

NO DRUGS. No pot, Guns encouraged. I'll consider any animal.

The house is in a quiet and safe neighborhood, right next to a firehouse and across from the police department. I'm in CT, and 45 minutes from Danbury, 45 minutes from Bristol, 45 minutes from Stamford and 45 minutes from Branford, in Naugatuck valley.

hit me up in thread, or PM if you wanna.

I think they should be interviewing you. I couldn't imagine living in the confines of a junkyard... with you.

tisk tisk.. I only have two cars up on blocks.

The vega will be gone by then, and the CRX is in surgery in the rear room of the garage.

I've got a lot of people that want to move in, but I want to make sure the living environment is perfect. My #1 choice may not do it.

and Tristen was lookin last month....

He would be a fuckin blast to live with. Prolly wouldn't charge him.

And wait... you can't tell me Tristen isn't on drugs. I've hung out with him.

just tossing some people for ya...both would work out good for roomates...

and if they can get hooked up at sik...life for them would be set.

Hell yes. it's about 10 minutes away. And I'm down the street from Jack. By the way, it's his birthday tomorrow.

did i miss something? what happened to sue?

See Also: "Cingulerity"

We split up.

I don't need the money for the long run, but not only would another body around here help me out, but we had come up for a plan that involved spending all of my money. The plan worked !

shit, you lost your job too??? how did i miss all this.

wtf happened at work?

I really pissed off the management. about a year ago. The end.

I was on the losing side of a bargainning table, and as project manager the new management team turned the cannons on me. Final reason for firing, after 2 years ? "Improper fit for position"

I finished schooling after that, which is where I spent all the money I saved up for the house. Then my gf's savings were to support the house while I found another job at a higher rate. Wouldn't you know it, the plan went south at stage 2.

So now I'm interviewing for about 100k jobs, which isn't too easy. I'm working part time, nights and weekends which covers my mortgage EXACTLY and taking money from my mother to pay the other bills. Sue is moving out, although not this week or anything. And I don't actually own furniture. I'm pretty minimalist.

So with a roommate I'm going to continue to work 2 jobs, to pay down the taxes owed, get a grand piano and finish some improvements around the house.

Whats the rent for the master bedroom? :D I also have a 7'x7' tool box.

Master bedroom , baseline, I want $600 a month for. Garage space can be discussed. a 7x7 box ? Like a job box ? I would need to relocate the engine building area. Dunno. You in the area ?

aww the shenanigans......I have a roomate his name is earl and he's a friendly little bat....earl hates strangers...

I was considering moving out there for a dealership offer, but im unsure how far the dealership is to where you are exactly. Yes, it is a shop box but would end up in the dealership within a short period of time if I were to make the switch. I would just need to store it for a week if even that long. They offered me great money but I suggested that I wait a little bit longer to see if something more local pops up. The offer is still on the table and I have 30 days to consider.

Oh ok then, yeah. I'm open to negotiation. What town are you going to ? I can tell you exactly how miserable the commute is. Most commutes in the state are fuckin horseshit.

Back