Now Interviewing: Celerity's roommate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The offer was from Hoffman Honda. It is in west simsbury. Is it close?

Nope. If you need a place that's a sure thing for a few weeks, it would be a good choice. But you'll leave at 5 am to get there by 9. It's horrible.

Well thanks, but a 4-hour commute each way isn't what I was looking for. Hopefully I can stay in the area locally. The money is good, but not THAT good. :) Good luck though. :thumbsup:

I was going to map it out for you... but I'm on my MAC and I'm too elite for the internets. Google maps is crashing me.

And no other mapping program seems to get CT quite right.

hoffman's not too far. thats 20 min north of me... and about an hour to hour 10 from steve i would guess.

it's commutable....

nice dealership. avon/simsbury/canton line = nice ass area and good money.

my buddy works for hoffman toyota (next door) and makes pretty good money 60-70k

You don't have to map it out. If infact I do end up taking the job, ill hit you up and see if the room is still available and maybe ill crash there for a little while until I get a place closer.

Nope. If you need a place that's a sure thing for a few weeks, it would be a good choice. But you'll leave at 5 am to get there by 9. It's horrible.

:werd: that is one of the shittier commutes in the state

hoffman's not too far. thats 20 min north of me... and about an hour to hour 10 from steve i would guess.

it's commutable....

nice dealership. avon/simsbury/canton line = nice ass area and good money.

my buddy works for hoffman toyota (next door) and makes pretty good money 60-70k

Well Hoffman Honda offered me 65k to start, a 4k bonus, 401k and full health and dental benefits.

EDIT: Also a new car, lol. Honda Accord or some shit. But im sure I can pick whichever one I wanted, lol.

The NE is kinda wierd about distances, and it's tough to really get if you live elsewhere in the US. We don't describe distance in linear measurement, because it's meaningless. A 25 mile trip from my house to Stamford is 2.5 hours long in the morning. It's 35 minutes any other time. So this place is about 45 minutes away (It's actually closer to the rest of the people on this forum in CT) but getting there is a ridiculous pain in the ass for my area.

A "reasonable" commute in CT is 1 or 2 towns over. You're talking about 30 minutes door to door. There also is rarely a simple way to get somewhere. It's about 20 different streets and twisty roads to get to the damned grocery store.

So were I you, I wouldn't move any farther away than Bristol. But, Bristol is a nice town with lots of opportunity IF YOU'RE A FUCKING BULLET so I would rather live under a bridge in NY, eating goats, than live in Bristol.

The 4k bonus would most likely be used up totally for an apartment and to get settled down there. The district manager really liked my resume and work experience with Honda. Apparently there arent many good technicians out there.

here's a map.

i think i got the starting point right :D

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 114
Yeah, looks simple... but not at all. Also, I don't live in Monroe anymore. Not in like, 4 years.

The Bristol autocross, at 6:30 am takes me 45 minutes at a good clip. This is about 30 minutes more on top of that, without the traffic.

But, in say, Indiana this ride would be like 25 pleasant minutes. That's why it's really tough to get an idea of distances in the NE.

my commute is the default google map route.
your's is the one in red if you take the job and live with cel.

it's a hair further.

takes me an hour 10 to get to wok.

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 102
Dude, I DON'T LIVE IN MONROE ! :)

I live in Ansonia, which is where the route changes.

When you go down the highway, and you cross that bridge, where it smells like a flaming cat box? I'm 2 exits before that.

shit, then it's even closer :D

and yes, right by daddios... that area always smells like shit. literally.

Back