Now know how it feels to get you car broken into

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cheese9988

VIP
Well I have my CRX at a storage place, its not drivable now and am waiting for the final engine parts to be balanced to finish the ZC. Well I recieved a message the other day from the storage place where the car is at for me to call them. They told me someone had thrown a brick through the window and stole the stereo. There was actually a stereo and eq below it. Supposidly the place has a survalence system (obviously not around the car) and there is a fence around the parimeter. They don't cover theft, so I'm screwed there, looked in my paperwork and its in writing. I managed to get a bunch of free months out of the guy tho. I would have figured storage place > parking lot, guess not.
I figure that it was some stupid kids or something because the only good thing that came out of it was that they didn't steal any car parts. I had my si tranny sitting on the passenger floor in a bag, and the hatch was full of parts under the factory cover thing in the back. The hatch had the intake manifold, all the sensors, distributer, mounts, easy to ebay parts. The rear glove box had a 12 disc pioneer changer that went along with the stereo as well that they did not take. So they actually stole the two cheap parts and it could have been worse.
So if anyone if NC happens to come across a pioneer deh 2000 and a pioneer deq (forget model) please pm me, I doubt I'll ever get them back. They are old, came out of my civic about 4 years ago, and had bought them off of ebay to put in that.

IMG00022.JPG

IMG00023.JPG

Fuck that sucks, my car was broken into 3 times in the past year.
Check the storage area workers or owner.
Because I dont think someone would hop a fence, knowing cameras are around and find your car, throw a brick through it. And make off with it without even looking throughout the car for other merchandise.

that sucks, but on the brightside all the important stuff is still there and they didnt destroy your dash.

hell.. i've gone through about 4 windows, 2 windshields and 2 stolen stereos

Pull out stereo !

God, those were such great ideas. Either way, the stereo is the least important part. It's the laptops and shit that would kill me. Hell, I have tools that cost more than my deck.

I had my seats stolen.....but they weren't in the car

I think I came out a little ahead on that deal

but I've had radios and shit stolen in the past. I feel your pain

Back