now, look at MY car thread.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no more EV uhhh, i mean Mirage for you then??

The boss owns one just like this, except automatic and I believe a 2008. He's been very happy with it, constantly takes it to Seattle for business (7 hour drive).

i know i know. but i figured now is a good time to stop buying antique junk cars, and enjoy NOT spending all my free time working on them.

I recently underwent this same genesis myself...I get all lusty thinking about an old EG or a 240 or some other "project" then I realize it would be easier and cheaper to just make payments on an S2000 and I would be much happier and far less stressed out.

that is basically how i feel driving it steve. but on the other hand, i enjoyed wrenching to the sound of $$ this weekend taking parts off the mirage :)

Just picked up a set of used TRD springs for $130 shipped. thats $20 less than retail!

I have nothing but love for ya Chris, but nothing says "I've given up on life" like a Toyota Corrolla.

At least its a stick shift.

I have nothing but love for ya Chris, but nothing says "I've given up on life" like a Toyota Corrolla.

At least its a stick shift.

i have given up on life ^_^

but man, the free time is incredible. who knew there was things to do besides wrenching near-daily?

People always give me shit for having a car payment, but they are almost always people with $1k shitboxes who never make it anywhere without a break down.

I just realized I haven't had a car payment in almost 2 years

-but I wouldn't call my car a shitbox :)

People always give me shit for having a car payment, but they are almost always people with $1k shitboxes who never make it anywhere without a break down.
Hell ya. I agree. I understand the differing philosophies but it's also difficult to quantify the stress and years on your life that shitty cars add...

sometimes life situations don't allow paying cash for a car. I was put into that situation when i moved back to the US in 2006.

I will say that not having to wrench is nice. :)

Yep. You can get a pretty nice car for $150 a month...that's only $1800 a year. The last couple years of my wife's car we put at least $1000 into miscellaneous parts and repairs, and I do all my own labor, so imagine what a non-mechanically inclined individual would have spent. On top of that, we got NO enjoyment out of it because it was an ugly, boring, turd.

Back