Votes: 0 0.0%
  • c. Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 and build up

• d. buy the RX-8 w/ no down payment

• e. Other (put any reasonable suggestions below plea

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok, now that the tgl is shot (headed for salvage tomorrow), i'm left with several choices and your input would be very much appreciated:

a: buy a cheap-ass used car and hold out for the RX-8 i want (could take 6+ months, i want at least a 5k down payment and 3k left in the bank...right now i have zero)

b: buy a Toyota Celica GT-S and build my own bad-ass car

c: buy a Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 and build it up

d: just buy the RX-8 w/ no down payment

e: open to ANY REASONABLE suggestions

99 LX Civic Sedan, 4900, four doors, automatic, JVC cd player already, only 110k miles (newbie for a civic)

4900 loans won't be as hard as trying to finance a 20k car (tibgtv6) let alone a 33k car.

My vote wasnt up there...

F. Buy a 92-95 Civic Sedan and build the shit out of a GSR and stuff in the little beast... Boost it too!

i vote tiburon
the new ones look pimp, the interior is pimp
and they are 6 speeds which is pimp :p

plus they come with a 6cyl so maybe a lil more potential for power, im not very familiar with that engine

The RX-8 is waaaaayyyyy overpriced, IMO. Plus, we haven't seen how the new Renesis holds up to the test of time. I say get a nice EG or DC and just keep it for a daily driver. Just wait a few years for a new car. Save up your money until then and then put a FAT down payment on a new car of your choice.

celica GT-S thats what im aiming for in the next year took a 2002 model out for a test drive the other week very nice ride

The only Celica worth getting, other than an old RWD GT-S, is the AllTrac. The '00+ Celicas are nice and handle well, but just, eh... something about 'em. Just my opinion.

:withstupid:

and is it really worth it to pay that extra cash for a few measly horsepower? get the GT model.

He's pretty much settled back on the Tib. Last summer he was absolutely in love with it, then he found the 8...but that's out of his price range right now. We're waiting on new clients at work before he starts making the moolah...but I'm fairly sure he's going to convince his parents to let him get the Tib GTv6 6 sp.

2.7L V6 171 hp 182 ft lbs torque, FWD in blue.

IF he buys new he's going to order a custom car for himself with all the options he'd want/need...I would too.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 14 2004, 06:59 AM
:withstupid:

and is it really worth it to pay that extra cash for a few measly horsepower? get the GT model.

130hp/125ft-lbs GT
vs.
180hp/130ft-lbs GT-S

Sounds worth it to me.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 14 2004, 09:25 AM-->
revolution8k
@May 14 2004, 07:23 AM
2.7L V6 171 hp 182 ft lbs torque, FWD in blue.

:shrug2:

Not that impressive, but it can be built fairly easily...cams are a good edition. I've seen a guy dyno 200 whp with a few simple bolt ons.

It's much like my car. b16a2 I4 160 hp 111 ft lbs torque....

:shrug2:

But he likes it so, who cares about your opinion? ;)

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 14 2004, 07:27 AM
But he likes it so, who cares about your opinion? ;)

I was more commenting on the lackluster numbers that they're producing with a mid-sized V6. I mean, shit, my swapped Accord was seeing oodles more horsepower and slightly lower torque out of an inline 4 that was half a liter smaller. I think I was just spoiled by Honda's n/a engineering. :)

Well, thats on par with the 2.5L I4 out of the Sentra Spec V, 175 hp 180 ft lbs. They're tuning for the torque over the horsepower so people wouldn't have to wind out to 2828929282 rpm to make any power.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 14 2004, 08:38 AM
Well, thats on par with the 2.5L I4 out of the Sentra Spec V, 175 hp 180 ft lbs. They're tuning for the torque over the horsepower so people wouldn't have to wind out to 2828929282 rpm to make any power.

Yeah, but that's no fun. :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 14 2004, 08:56 AM
The only Celica worth getting, other than an old RWD GT-S, is the AllTrac. The '00+ Celicas are nice and handle well, but just, eh... something about 'em. Just my opinion.

maybe the fact the new ones are more of a girls car.

Back