NRG quick release Hubs & Locks

NRG quick release Hubs & Locks

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Speed_N_Stylez

I am currently working on becoming a sponsor on this site and being able to offer you guys these NRG products and many other products.

Last time I checked I have enough clearance to get out of my car that I dont need one of these. I have a momo wheel that suits me just fine sorry.

Quoted post[/post]]
Last time I checked I have enough clearance to get out of my car that I dont need one of these. I have a momo wheel that suits me just fine sorry.
Do you have the lock, Ive seen pictures of would-be-thieves attempting to get hte lock off. Once I secure a steering wheel for my NRG hub, then I'll be in the market for the Lock as well.

What are you prices going to be. I guess you have one person interested.

no i dont have a lock, if a thief wants my steering wheel i will probably have bigger problems.

That's one of the purposes of having a quick release.....so that you DON'T leave your sterring wheels its supposed to help "theft" not to let someone break in your car and just take your sterring wheel....Specially since hondas are so easy for people to break into. I had my EG SI get stolen twice within 2 months. Once on Thanksgiving and then exactly two months later.....(but it was my fault cause I forgot to put on my clutch lock and left my stereo face plate on)[both times were at different locations].......

That's the reason why I though about offering these....For looks (so girls could just be amazed that your steering wheel is detachable and wet their themselves :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) and of course to help prevent THEFT.

Just my 2cents

Quoted post[/post]]
no i dont have a lock, if a thief wants my steering wheel i will probably have bigger problems.

Not to be a dick or anything... but why use a ball bearing quick release when after 6-12 months the electrical connections and bearings wear out so you have excessive play and poor horn capability??? Get the pin style, they never wear out, they are made of forged aluminum, have integrated electrical connections and require less room to be installed on your column (3/4" compared to the 3-4" of the average NRG style piece).

I speak the truth as I have been through one NRG style and one ACTUAL NRG quick release and neither lasted a full year COMBINED. After getting the pin style, I bought a 1" spacer and used the same Monte Carlo wheel and button and have had ZERO issues for nearly 19 months. Yes, it was more expensive, roughly $109 plus $5 to get the spacer made, but it was worth it compared to how much I wasted on the other type and labor replacing and repairing them.

I am not knocking the ball bearing type quick release if you are budget minded and do not drive excessively aggressive, but my driving habits wore two of them out in less than two months. Just a little FYI for the quick release crowd...

Last edited:
Back