NSFW Some of that good old Muslim culture we should respect and tolerate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

<--- redneck from New Mexico, that knows more brands of sake than a Japanese person....

[AME NI MO MAKEZU]

AME NI MO MAKEZU

KAZE NI MO MAKEZU

YUKI NI MO NATU NO ATUSA NI MO MAKENU

ZYOUBU NA KARADA O MOTI

YOKU WA NAKU

KESSITE IKARAZU

ITU MO SIZUKA NI WARATTE IRU

ITINITI NI GENMAI YONGOU TO

MISO TO SUKOSI NO YASAI O TABE

ARAYURU KOTO O

ZIBUN O KANZYOU NI IREZU NI

YOKU MIKIKI SI WAKARI

SOSITE WASUREZU

NOHARA NO MATU NO HAYASI NO KAGE NO

TIISA NA KAYABUKI NO KOYA NI ITE

HIGASI NI BYOUKI NO KODOMO AREBA

ITTE KANBYOU SITE YARI

NISI NI TUKARETA HAHA AREBA

ITTE SONO INE NO TABA O OI

MINAMI NI SINI SOUNA HITO AREBA

ITTE KOWAGARANAKUTE MO II TO II

KITA NI KENKA YA SOSYOU GA AREBA

TUMARANAI KARA YAMERO TO II

HIDERI NO TOKI WA NAMIDA o NAGASI

SAMUSA NO NATU WA OROORO ARUKI

MINNA NI DEKUNOBOU TO YOBARE

HOMERARE MO SEZU

KU NI MO SAREZU

SOU IU MONO NI

WATASI WA NARI TAI

words to live by, and Miyazawa Kenji is my hero.

And I did a thesus on that poem in college...A++...because the teacher never thought a redneck would know Japanese authors.

and for the record...that poem is 5000 times better than anything thing you will find in any bible or kuran, or travel broacher.

learn it and live by it. Rep points for anyone to find it in eglish and post it....after the read it.

learn it and live by it. Rep points for anyone to find it in eglish and post it....after the read it.
not losing to the rain not losing to the wind not losing to the snow or to summer's heat with a strong body without want never angering always smiling quietly every day four bowls of brown rice miso and some vegetables to eat to everything without judging carefully watching and listening and understanding then not forgetting in the shade of the woods of the pines of the fields being in a little thatched hut if there is a sick child in the east going and watching over them if there is a tired mother in the west going and shouldering her sheaf of rice if there is someone near death in the south going and saying there's no need to be afraid if there is a quarrel or a suit in the north telling them to leave off with such nonsense when there's drought letting tears fall when the summer's cold wandering upset called a blockhead by everyone without being praised without being blamed such a person i want to become

rep given...but my version I translated with the help of my wife years ago, went...

undaunted by the rain, undaunted by the wind, undaunted by the snow or the summer heat....

now I got to go find that and re-type it up....the internet translations that other people have posted is completely wrong in the translation....

but the point of this is.....

one book was written, in a dead or different language, and everyone will find on their own how to live by the written words...all religions are the same...just certain sects takes the translation differently and abides by the rules of that religion in their point of view....be it radical, or minor faith....that's what makes everyone different....

I found it....the paper I wrote for HU122

Airjockie's translation... ;)

Undaunted by the rain,

Undaunted by the wind,

Undaunted by the snow and the heat of the summer.

With this healthy body,

With no greed,

Never at loss of temper.

Always quite a smile,

With four bowls of rice a day,

With soup and a few vegetables for sustenance.

With ones self passion,

About everything without emotions,

Always see and hear,

Without forgetting and always remembering,

With understanding.

In the shadow of the forest of pine, within the prairie sits,

A small shack with a pampas grass roof,

Is where I stay.

If a small child is sick in the west,

I'll go nurse her or him.

If a mother is tired in the east,

I'll go bunch up her rice stalks,

And carry them to her with my back.

If someone is dying in the south,

I'll go fearlessly to comfort them.

If there is a fight in the north,

I'll go to make peace between the trifling clans.

It is alright by me.

In time of drought, tears will flow.

In the cold summer, I'll walk shivering.

Everybody calls me an incompetent person.

Nobody admires a suffering person.

I want to be this kind of person.

I am open to any papers you might have published or any research you have done on this subject. Until then, your arguments are just as "disconnected" from reality as mine. I, at least, admit I don't have anything solid in each post where it is true.

it's funny you mentioned that becuase I was a published columnist through 411maina/politics until I walked away becuase I didn't have the 20+hrs a week to do the research for the weekly column

+1 to Cel, get a fork

I was about to go in that water (continue the debate, start posting links to the stuf I'd writen etc), then I realized you wanted to swim in the kiddie pool

EDIT: If anyone wants to see a leftie argue in circles until he's out of gas go read this thread start to finish, come on man even Sabz started to side with me

you=FTL

Back