NSX vs Skyline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it all goes back to what devit said about the honor of driving a skyline, thnkfully the R35 will level the playing field (THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!)

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 26 2003, 01:04 AM
umm...yeah...can i get one of those R34 GT-R V-SpecII's yeah um thatd be greattttt...if you could throw in an S15 while it :lol:

:wtf: :newbie: :emofo:

um...last time i checked there was no r35 (in the gtr trim at least) so like whats the point of a skyline w/o turbo? idk i just dont really understand if its not an honest to goodness GTR so aftermarket turbos really sorta spoil the fun idk thats my .02

it was an attempt at a joke (a poor one at that ma bad) dveit sorry if it went over your head there

now kindly pull your head out of your ass :lol:

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 26 2003, 12:10 AM
um...last time i checked there was no r35 (in the gtr trim at least) so like whats the point of a skyline w/o turbo? idk i just dont really understand if its not an honest to goodness GTR so aftermarket turbos really sorta spoil the fun idk thats my .02

:wtf:

Hi we've only been talking about it all week

Hondaswap.com R35 thread

:worthy: :worthy: 450Hp AWD TT/3.5L/V8 :worthy: :worthy:

and I guess from what I'm hearing...

"Comming to America" in a way that would make Eddie Murphy proud!!

:werd: Eddie will probably buy one in every color to match his suits.

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 26 2003, 01:12 AM
it was an attempt at a joke (a poor one at that ma bad) dveit sorry if it went over your head there

now kindly pull your head out of your ass :lol:

:lol: You don't have to take it personal man.

I was just jokin with you as well. :D

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jul 26 2003, 10:39 AM
that avatar fookin own3z, you should let trailer park pimp have it :lol:

:lol: Thanks.

If he really wants it, I'll give it to him, I got plenty more :D

Originally posted by micah@Jul 25 2003, 10:49 AM
besides, i WOULD rather play with my dick then say janet reno's pussy :p

hahah thats classic

$15 for a home depot mbc??

mine was $1.66 lol

i know s'all good...

i heard both the gtr n silvia were discontinued for 5 years :sad:

but if I swear to god the moment i hear that the r35 gtr is hitting US shores i will shit my pants and have someone there to document it so i can post it here for all to see the expression of pure joy on my face

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah i know you guys are honda fans and thats why most of you picked the nsx over the skyline but when compared to a car thats awd, twin turbo, an inline 6 setup, theres no comp.. skyline takes it no matter what.. sure in this vid, the nsx takes it at the 1/4 cause number 1, the skyline is heavier and the 2 second turbo on a stock twin takes forever to spool.. plus, he only took him by the .1 seconds..lol

and to those who said if you had the money, you'd get an nsx, the nsx and skyline costs about the same.. damn motorex states they can offer skylines starting at 33g but thats complete bs.. they start at close to 90..

if i had the money, and had to choose between the 2, i'd def get the skyline.. it has way more potential into being a fast fast street car..

the skyline and silvia were discontinued in august of 2002 along with the rx7 and supra..

the new infiniti g35 coupe is not called the skyline but was made from the same idea as the skyline..just like the new rx8, its not a new version of the rx7... its made with the same idea as the rx7 but has an approved 13b, new chassis and more luxury details..

i hate the new rx its just so damn tacky looking i dont know what was wrong w/ the old body so many people loved it i mean even the 350z n g35 are somewhat overly styled in my opinion theyre just too "egg shaped" where as the original skyline/rx/supra/300 ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE SPORTS CARS AND NOT SOMETHING OUT OF THE FUCKING JETSONS...arg that aggrevates me bring back the FD body style!!!

Skyline/Silvia RIP

yeah, i really dont like the new rx8 either.. the only thing that it has going for is the rotary engine, its supposed to be trouble free (as they say)...

im really not feeling the freestyle doors either and it looks weird, its like skinny and long and i dont know.. ITS FUCKING N/A!!! sorry lol

as much as i love rotarys, i'll stick with my fd...i still love it better..

2003-2dr/4dr INFINITYG35*USDM=2003-2dr/4dr NISSANSKYLINE*JDM

www.nissan.co.jp

From what I heard:
®35
3.5L V6 (350Z anyone?)
Twin-Turbocharged w/ Intercooler
AWD (like original system, more oversteer than understeer.)
6 Speed Tran.
Rays/Volk Wheels (similar to 350Z-Track Model)
But realize, if Infinity releases this model instead of Nissan, it will cost the same if not more than a Z06 Corvette, so some of us undergrads/Mid Income folks wont be affording these soon. Its basically going to be competing in the Porsche levels if it has more than 400HP, because they could make a cheaper model to compete with EVO8 or STi.

Now to bring the NSX into topic: Nissan/Infinity wont try to compete their vehicles, thus their 350Z is meant to own the Audi TT, the S2000, the BMW Z4. While the Supposed R35 will swing at the lovely NSX, Z06Vette, Dodge Viper and anything looking remotely exotic. Therefore the R35 will have a more exotic pricetag, without hitting the 100,000 range, so it will compete with the NSX that is getting rather outdated. I also read a few months back that the NSX might keep the same displacement, recieve an i-VTEC upgrade, and may get a Hybrid generator on top of it to make an extra 60-90HP while keeping fuel economy. While I believe that's all bullshit, I'd take a V8 N/A 4.3L NSX that eats 5mpg than having all that new technology. So.. Honda either needs to start forced induction, or start bringing some beef with the rice.

this might sound like a noob question... why were the skyline/silvias discontinued?

Skyline sales were lacking at the end of there run. Also remember that Japans economy Blows (basicly a canada that speaks really weird) The K car is in there (a small car that gets 60+ mpg, under .7 liters, and under 70 hp) because traffic sucks there and Gas is uber expensive. You have to look at there whole economy. The Honda Odysses (sp?) is considered a luxuray car and the civic is a full size car.

isnt it ironic? maybe tehy wouldnt have discontinued the skylines if tehy saw the huge demand for them just ship the surplus over here at a reduce price i mean if nissan co. actually controlled distribution and legalization and all that they could make a bundle but...o well

Originally posted by odnet@Jul 27 2003, 04:49 PM
Honda either needs to start forced induction, or start bringing some beef with the rice.

:lol: that's great. my new sig :D .

Back