number on head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

00 racing

Can anyone tell me where the number is stamped on the head. Wound like to swap heads around but not sure where number is on head .

well if u wanted vtec a b16 seems to be popular.. but if u wanna keep it simple get a b18b1 head and cams.. the b18b1 had more lift duration than the a1, i also have a b18a1 and am putting a b1 head on mine and the b1 cams.. im sure there is other ones that may be better though..

will the b1 head give you more horse power and tork than say a pr-4? I gess what im trying to do is put something together to make more power and tork.

yep it will bolt right up w no probs. the ba8b1 came in the 93 teggys not much difference but the duration lift was increased and it had i think 10 more hp..

so im looking for 93 integra with a pr4-5 stamped on the head and thats the head and cams i wont that you are talking about to gain that extra power? if i did this head swap would it be considered a FRANKENSTIN motor? Thank you.

frankenstein'd? hardly. your just putting a newer ls head on an ls. not a big deal at all. if you were doing an ls-vtec build then sure that term might be more appropriate.

the b18b1 was not in the 93 integra. first year for a b1 was 1994, and they continued till 2001.

although it is an improvement, i wouldn't expect a huge gain. it also depends whether the engine you started with was a 90-91 or a 92-93 because they were rated differently. so if you have a 92-93 engine then doing this swap soley for a power increase is really not worth it.

Power: 90-91 Only: 130 bhp (97 kW) @ 6000 rpm & 121 ft·lbf (164 N·m) @ 5000 rpm
Power: 92-93 Only: 140 bhp (100 kW) @ 6300 rpm & 126 ft·lbf (171 N·m) @ 5000 rpm
Power: 94-01 Only: 142 bhp (106 kW) @ 6300 rpm & 127 ft·lbf (172 N·m) @ 5200 rpm

i know what you mean man, nothing wrong with that lol. but atleast now you know. if you have a 90-91 engine and can get a b1 head for cheap, then by all means do it.

I looked throw all my motors i have and found the head with pr4-5 stamped on the head and the cams are a b3 i think. The head that in on my race car now is a pr4. Is that the head i wont to to better my self. thanks.

Back