Number Ten

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
Ahhhhh...this is out 10th EF in less than 3 years.

Its a 1989 Si hatch. It has 362,xxx Kilometeres (too lazy to convert to miles). Blown headgasket and some cancer but I got it for $350.

I took out the thermostat and left the rad cap on half way to drive it home 20 minutes. We had to stop twice to top up the coolant, we didn't even go through a 4 litre jug. About 1/2 mile away from home my gad gave it full throttle for 2nd, 3rd and a bit of 4th, talk about white smoke.

Plans for now are to put a spare D15B2 in it and sell it for $1200 to my dads co-worker.

Here is a teaser pic until morning.

civic-1.jpg

Reminds me of the one that got away. Craigslist had an EF hatch no engine/trans for 250, friend had a built B16A/GSR trans for 1000. Craigslist guy was a douche...
I think I'd sell the Si. Finish the Camaro and with the cash left over pick up one of these guys... I dont know what draws me to them. I want one in flat black or OD Green

I phoned the guy like 1 hr after he posted it. I was at his house paying him 2 hrs after he posted it. After I picked it up he said about 10 people phoned him about it.

Nice. I wish I had the cash to play around with an EF hatch.

I'm hopeing to turn this car around for the price of an oil change, antifreeze and some paint after I give it some "bondo therapy" for the cancer.

Since our shop is down we have to rig something up to pull the motor...this will be interesting.

So far I've stripped off the "H CIVIC H" banner across the winshield, fixed the hood latch (wouldn't close all the way), taken out all of the subwoofer and alarm wires, adjusted the clutch cable and pedal and taken off the slippery ricer pedals and replaced them with OE rubber.

100_3221.jpg

100_3222.jpg

100_3223.jpg

100_3224.jpg

100_3225.jpg

100_3226.jpg

100_3229.jpg

100_3227.jpg

100_3231.jpg

100_3232.jpg

100_3234-1.jpg

toss a 4 time used head gasket in that poor thing. lol

for freal man if you're gonna drive it you really should slap a head gasket in there... before you do some damage and cant use the parts in it..

lol don't put a d15b2 in there iv been trying to get rid of mine for so long. What would cause the car to blow a big poof of smoke after idling for a while. but it don't smoke while at idle or when driving.

Back