NYC to ban trans fats in restaurants

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

give me a break...i eat that kind of shit all the time(i am from the south though...hmmm...lol) and I dont gain a pound...maybe its cuz i workout...i think some of the fatasses should look into that term "workout"

its not about weight gain... its about clogged arteries.

skinny people get high blodd pressure and heart disease too :)

ok ok...:p....fine...hahaha....i guess it could help....but i like my fri chikn...mmmm...

it's an interstig conflict. Fat tastes good, plain and simple. If left to a free market entirely the adverage person will choose maily on taste (see the 1980's) and McDonalds, KFC, and Taco Bell will PWN us all.

On the other hand regulating this stuff is kinda anti american, but I see the logic in it...

some how...i think that you are the only 1 responsible for what you eat...if you choose to eat it ...gee then aren't you the 1 who has to deal with all of that other crap that goes with it by the way...i love chicken too..and all of that stuff too (i figure i have to go some time) i'm gonna die happy

that's the problem though, to many people say they didn't know and sue for millions. Fast Food if left uncheck could rise in price as fast as insurance or healthcare.

You know while I'm on this subject I'd just like to point out that everyone tewlls us the cost of living is high becase of oil. But many things like healthcare & insurance cost so much becuase they have to offset legal fees cause EVERYBODY is sueing anymore. I'm not at liberty to say but there is an insurance company out there that everyone would recognize, that just had to raise their rates because they've lost so much money in lawsuits to people for emmotional pain and suffering...

This is interesting since now Obesity is considered a diease. To me, I kinda of call it bullshit. I mean, sure there could be a possibility with genetics and being overweight, but how come there wasnt a whole bunch of fat people back then and more now? Its more than just genetics and theyre using that as a loop hole.

Americans are just lazy fucks. We want everything easy and fast. Thats why we spread fast food like a diease and we barely have to lift a finger now to do anything.

I think its a problem, but id be hesitatant to call it a diease. That means millions of tax dollar money can go into programs of helping people lose weight. Thats great, but why try to help people who do it to themselves? I wonder if drug addiction is a diease? Does that mean they get millions of dollars to try and kick the habit?

Anyway, to the point of the thread. I think that ban is fucking dumb. What next? Can't use white bread because that has too many carbs? I say make it so people understand what they eat but not ban. But i guess americans are too stupid to read the nutrition facts.

This is bullshit. This is saying that food is a drug and needs to be regulated like alcohol or something. How about a little self regulation? I eat what I want and when I start feeling like shit and gaining weight I check myself. Just like some nights I drink entirely too much alcohol, it's my choice. Soon they're only going to sell six packs and you'll have to turn in an empty one to buy more. Just so they can regulate what I do and how much I drink.
/end of rant/

i agree with that...how many more things can "they" control....if i spin out of control i have to fix it...

Good ol' Liberal approach: Legislate the decisions "It's good for you, you just don't know it yet"

Americans are lazy as shit...kinda reminds of the people at my work...me and my partner at work set up community printers for everyone to print to so we could save money by doing away with the numerous desk printers...everyone is complaining that they have to get out of their seat and walk across the hall to get what they print...i just feel like sayin..."get your lazy ass up and walk over there...it wont kill you!"

wow what a lucky office. ive only worked at two desk jobs and both required me to get up and move to get my print outs, sometimes even wait in line! *GASP*

Back