NYC to New Orleans rally...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
ok, so we've all seen these rally's.... hell, we WERE planning on having one too, but it got pushed....

but anyway, the good ol' boys at grassroots motorsports have come up with the greatest idea ever.

Rally from nyc to New orleans.... but there's a catch. your vehicle must be under $250. lol

2006 Big Apple to Big Easy rally. 5 days of automotive bodgering, traveling, contests, drinking (probably) and other silliness. The premise of the event is a multi-day, multi-team rally from New York to New Orleans, with a few other people, in a car that was purchased for less than $250. Yea, that's cheap.

Here is the BA2BE rally website:
http://www.baberally.com/cgi-bin/esp?PAGE=babe/index.esp

topic on GRM:
http://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=12573

The chance of the vehicle breaking down on the way to New Orleans should be close to 100%. The chance of a terminal irreparable failure should be close to 80%. If your vehicle is able to exceed these expectations, then you are just not trying hard enough.

lmao. this sounds like so much fun. just everything breaking, and trying to fix it on the way down.

lol, that's awesome...Micah, let me buy your Del Sol for 250.00. Whose to say I don't buy a 30,000.00 dollar car and have the person I buy it from write it up as 250.00 to avoid paying taxes?

the point is not to win... its about having a blast trying to fix your hunk of shit repeatedly on the side of the road and eventually making it down there :mrgreen:

Trust me, you do NOT want to break down in GA or AL.

nick, we could take my 300zx turbo. has 100 purchase on the title and is having fuel problems :p

$250 is too cheap. I would say $500.

I would also say $500 so I could take my NX2000.

Wait.. I have a Civic hatch with no heat that I got for $200

My 86 CRX Si was $100

So far I've driven it from Southboro MA, to Providence
Providence to Foxboro, MA
Foxboro, back to Providence
and last weekend I went from Providence up to Sandborton, NH and put it in storage :cry:

a guy on the list i orig. heard it from picked up an 82 conversion van with a rebuilt 305 in it :p its got a frige, woody paneling, and a decent motor.

thats what grm is all about-- racing for cheap :)

someday, i'll build a $2006 or whatever yaer dollar car and take it down. its something i've wanted to do for a long time.

the 2006 challenge definately interests me. I wanna do that with a Supra, but the NX may be up for that challenge. that's much easier to compete in than the $250 one.

Conversion vans are what mostly win the Cannonballs.

i can have you in a "mint" 1980-ish plymouth GRAND FURY for $250

V8, rear wheel drive, auto, power everything
AND THE RADIO works...

first come first serve
lol

hmm I have about 100 bucks into my civic, but they probably wouldn't believe that I have 225 into the car including purchase, a few parts, and registration.

The Neon currently on the operating table here is a $15,000 invested 96 4 door.

Doesn't quite qualify.

haha 15,000 dollars yeah what do u have goin on in that thing. it better be a 12 second or better car cause if not that is just plain pathetic.

Back