O2 problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scott25

I know this isn't a common swap but i just wanted to get my 93 civic dx running so i bought a VX engine. The swap was easy but however the ecu code 41 comes on and I'm sure that its because the vx motor has a 7 wire O2 and i used my original 4 wire harness. Iv searched a coupe of forms now and i cant find anything on this swap(probably because no one wants less horsepower) This was my first swap and if i can get this working ill be looking into getting a B16a2 swap. The car was in bad condition when i got it and i wanted to get it running first. If someone can help my i would be very grateful.

wich ecu are you using
with harness are you using
wich throttle body are you using and are you using your orginal exhaust manifold and exhaust system

I am using the ecu that was with the vx motor (d15z1) im not sure what the ecu is. I did wire up the v tech E and it seems to be working. I am however using the original harness, exhaust manifold, and intake. The car starts but it's serging and im getting the O2 code from the ecu. I have the original 02 sensor and i cheap vx one off ebay. I got the haynes book but it doesn't show the wiring for the Vx motor. any suggestions?

It's your intake manifold that is causing your problem. The IAC sensor is different. You need to use the one that came with the VX, if you are using the VX ECU.

would i need to wire the egr since there isn't a harness for that and also do you think that i can use the original O2 sensor.

This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '92-95 Civic / '92-95 Integra / '92-95 Prelude VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
OBD1 PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the common onboard male connectors for a Honda OBD1 ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, B, and D.

The 4-plug OBD1 connector image below is proof these do exist and are usually found on JDM AUTO 92-95 Civic, Integra, and Preludes.
Sorry - I do not have pin schematics for the JDM 4-plug OBD1 ecu! Although, connectors A B D should technically be the same pin locations as a 5spd 3-plug OBD1 ECU.

plugs2.jpg

obd1.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD1 Civic/Integra/Prelude Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T integra ecu's
  • All US & JDM OBD1 (92-95) M/T prelude ecu's

This article exploits a combination of ECU pin locations and wire colors for all M/T '96-98 Civic and '96-99 Integra VTEC and NON-VTEC vehicles.
OBD2A PLUG CONFIGURATION

Below is an example that shows the onboard (female) connector configuration for an OBD2a ECU.
Take note of plugs: A, C, and D.
The blank connector (B) is only used with civic/integra vehicles equipped with A/T.

plugs.jpg

obd2a.pin.schematics.gif

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

These pin-out locations were cross-referenced with OBD2a Civic & Integra Helm's service manuals.

The information in this article applies to:

• All US OBD2a (96-98) M/T civic ecu's
  • All US OBD2a (96-99) M/T integra ecu's
  • All JDM OBD2a M/T civic ecu's
  • All JDM OBD2a M/T Integra ecu's

Contact Katman

thanks, thats what i was looking for

I did try useng the original ecu and i still had the same surging problem and code41

Last edited:
i still haven't got it. If i cant get it i think im just gonna buy a b16 from jdm source. There are lots of guides on that swap and alot faster. i was just hoping i could drive it till i get the money which wont be for a few months

Back