O2 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P7ank5te7

Does it matter on polarity of the o2 heater? Because I keep throwing code 41 and such and before I go replacing this o2 sensor for heater failure I wanted to know that, because the previous owner put one of them cut and paste units in there hasn't been right since. From my understanding of the repair manual it said it would matter, but just wanted to get a quick opinion, so when I put my header in, if its wrong I can fix it at the same time. Its a D16Z6. Thanks -Gary

Right, but this one of them cut and paste jobs or cut and crimp..LoL. So does the heater wires have a polarity of one wire has to be + and the other be - ? Thats kind of the question I'm lost on. And want to get rid of the SES light because it is now becoming annoying. LoL. -Gary

So does anyone know if there is a polarity on the o2 heater? and would it cause me to throw a ses light? -Gary

i'm 99 percent sure that there is a polarity, but i'm not sure what way. i only know cuz there's a post on it. just not sure where

Well I guess if its not bad weather tomorrow, Ill be installing my header and Ill probably switch the 2 heater wires and if that does not work Ill have some more hunting to do and if everything else checks out then Ill be replacing it again with a new one with the tail on it. Here comes my other question about it, since its relatively new and if I decide to change it to an OEM unit, and find out its not sensor, I would like to use it for a standalone A/F ratio gauge. Does the heater always run or just for the first few moments of warm up? -Gary

Back