O2 Sensor Inspec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
How do you check the 02 sensor for signs of damage, worn out, in dire need of replacement, ect. What am I looking for? I am sick of my car running rich so I am checking everything. It is not throwning any codes but my freind said it wont unless it is past the point of being fucked.

unless you are running race gas, an its not throwing a code, chances are its fine.

if your car is running rich- find out why.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 22 2003, 01:11 AM
if your car is running rich- find out why.

I thought that the O2 sensor may be fucked up and that is why it was running rich. I kinda know why it is running rich but I has been running rich-er in the past few months. The reason why it is running richer then stock is because I have in intake and exhaust which yeilds more air going in and out of my engine. My ECU sees this and to copensate, it dumps in alot of fuel, then I run rich. I need a vafc to tune my fuel. Is there anyway to burn a program for my ECU to make it run a tad more lean?

yes, but you have to solder in the chip holder, and then have someon like all motor monster make you one....

or get a hondata :)

Back