O2 sensor is most likely fucked...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

Alright, last night as i was pulling up the parking lot for my dorm building, my car starting sputtering and hesitating and generally being very gay. It threw a CEL and at idle is sounded lopey like an old muscle car with a big cam. Under any throttle it sputters and shudders and feels really weak. I jumped the connector to check my ECU codes and got 23 and 41. 23 is the kock sensor (no surprise) and then 41 is the o2 sensor heater or something. Now before anyone says anything, yes i converted to four-wire when I did the swap, so that's not the issue. I'm thinking the o2 sensor may just very well be fucked because it's acting so weird. The strange thing though, is that it didn't throw CEL #1 which is the actual o2 sensor code. Any thoughts or suggestions before I bend over and drop $100+ on a new o2 sensor?

just though i would throw in the fact that his car is running stupid rich, like sitting in the cabin you can smell the unburnt fuel with the carbon monoxide.

this is what led us to believe that the O2 sensor is fuxored

i had the same problem. The o2 sensor is still working but its not being warmed up. My problem was my ecu got fried when i shorted one of the heater wires. you should check the 2 black wires. If those are good then i would try using a different o2 and if that still doesnt work replace the ecu with another.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 13 2004, 12:47 AM
Alright, last night as i was pulling up the parking lot for my dorm building, my car starting sputtering and hesitating and generally being very gay. It threw a CEL and at idle is sounded lopey like an old muscle car with a big cam. Under any throttle it sputters and shudders and feels really weak. I jumped the connector to check my ECU codes and got 23 and 41. 23 is the kock sensor (no surprise) and then 41 is the o2 sensor heater or something. Now before anyone says anything, yes i converted to four-wire when I did the swap, so that's not the issue. I'm thinking the o2 sensor may just very well be fucked because it's acting so weird. The strange thing though, is that it didn't throw CEL #1 which is the actual o2 sensor code. Any thoughts or suggestions before I bend over and drop $100+ on a new o2 sensor?

ill sell you my old o2 sensor for WAY below 100.00. It works fine, its just that the threads are fucked. If you know how to figure how to make it work, ill sell it to ya for 25.00

Bah, thanks man. Unfortunately, I already ordered a new NGK o2 for 107 today. Damn, my butthole hurts. I guess I'll know on Friday wether or not that really is the problem.

your butthole hurts, my right nut

your daddy paid for it :p

LMAO, just reset the codes first and see if it is really gone. The O2 heater and sensor are not the same failure. I got a heater code on my car one very cold day, cleared it and it hasn't reset in 2 years. If you are running that rich you are probably sputtering from fouled plugs.

Get that condition taken care of, H22's have a problem of blowing rings like crazy all of the sudden. It is a hush-hush with Honda from a casting flaw, it tends to happen out of warrenty so they do nothing. If your getting that much unburnt fuel it is without a doubt blowing into your oil, consequently thinning it out and adding to the potential of a problem. I went throught his with my old business partner's Lude and then 4 more followed behind it with the same problem. Just a heads up.

he actually has a GSR EG. not H22, he made this account before he realized that H22s were pigs.

if the new O2 sensor doesnt fix it, we will probablly change the plugs.

No, my bunghole does hurt, because he's gonna take the $107 out of my savings account that I can't touch. Anyhow, I figure if the O2 sensor doesn't fix the problem, I'll swap out the plugs and if that doesn't fix it, I guess I'm really fucked. :shrug2:

Well, now it's throwing a genuine code 1: Primary Oxygen Sensor = fux0r3d. At least i know that's the problem now. Hopefully that'll fix the poblem.

I thought that when your car has a problem with the knock sensor the ecu would give you less power so you dont hurt the engine.

word of advice....

make sure you take GOOD notice of what wires are coming off of your old o2 sensor, and compare them to the wires coming off the new o2 sensor. Chances are there will be two black, one white, and one blue on the new, and green in place of the blue on the old.

i was lucky and got it right the first time.

and you got ripped for 107.

i got a bosch (not oem) for 96.00 from auto zone

Not only is it the sensor, Tony, but it's also got the plug and everything. Plug'n'play, bitches! It's an NGT sensor by NGK, so it is definitely good stuff. Acura wanted $260 for one. I told them to fuck off.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Apr 14 2004, 07:10 PM
I thought that when your car has a problem with the knock sensor the ecu would give you less power so you dont hurt the engine.

It retards the ignition timing considerably and dumps more fuel in, but not as much as it is now. I mean, I held my hand eight inches away from the tailpipe and had Scott juice the gas. My hand was wet from all the unburt fuel. With just the KS CEL, it only runs about 5% more rich, this has got to be more like 20-25%. It's insane.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 14 2004, 09:39 PM
Not only is it the sensor, Tony, but it's also got the plug and everything. Plug'n'play, bitches! It's an NGT sensor by NGK, so it is definitely good stuff. Acura wanted $260 for one. I told them to fuck off.

where did you buy it from?

i just checked track auto, and they wanted 2xx.xx for a plug and play, and autozone was 2xx.xx for plug and play as well.

i take that back, i was the one that got ripped...... :p

Back