o2 sensor mounting and wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88B16Crx

i just did a jdm b16a swap in my 88 crx and it has been drinking the hell out of gas, i only have one o2 sensor and every other b16 ive seen has 2. so someone tells me to mount a second o2 sensor and run the wire to the ecu...is this correct? if so, where do i mount the o2 sensor and where do i put the wire in the ecu??

if ur motor is jdm there should already be a second o2 sensor. is the exhaust manifold u have on from the jdm engine or do u have aftermarket headers? i dont have my manifold by me so im not sure but i think theyre like on the 3 and 4 ports. just drill into whatever u got after u make sure of the placement that is. after u drill tap the hole run the wiring and ur good. early in the morning so i dont feel like finding the pin out for o2. check in hondswaps refernce section they have a list of the pinouts.

Originally posted by DTEC@Jan 25 2005, 08:48 AM
one sensor needs to read exhaust gases from cylinders 1 and 4 and the other sensor needs to read from cylinders 2 and 3. http://hasport.com/Products/Headers.htm
[post=451037]Quoted post[/post]​

everyone that has seen my exhaust manifold has told me that it prolly isnt the one that came stock on the motor but it still doesnt look like an aftermarket one so i dont know what to do

Back