o2 sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraboomer

I'm putting a b16a in my 91 civic hatch with a gsr header.. the header has two sensors that are one wire and my harness only has one plug for an o2.. so how am I suppose to hook it up? Just use one sensor?

yes and the one wire sensor is going to give you a problem if your car is converted to obd1 if not you want the one wire o2 at the back before the cat.

Use an OBD1 4-wire O2 sensor from a 1992 and on. Part of the OBD0 to OBD1 wiring change takes care of this. A jumper/adaptor harness that goes between the ECU and existing car harness will have provisions for the 4-wire O2 sensor.

Last edited:
I have a problem alike i have a 92 civic and i got a b16a2 swap well it was running pretty good until i got jacked for my p28 ecu with the jumper/adaptor harness , well i bought another p28 ecu but this one didnt need the jumpber harness- does that sound right? well now i get a check engine light and it throws out a cell code that its the oxygen sensor. Today i was searching for it in the car and it ends up being that the 02 sensor with the four wire was connected but the other end wasnt plugged in anywhere it was just sitting next to the engine. Well after that i checked the back of the engine before getting to the cat and there was where the 02 sensor goes and there was one but it wasnt connected anywhere. It just had the connector dangling. It does not reach , even tough i make an extension would it still throw the check engine light? And do i need the secondary 02 sensor connected?

I have a problem alike i have a 92 civic and i got a b16a2 swap well it was running pretty good until i got jacked for my p28 ecu with the jumper/adaptor harness , well i bought another p28 ecu but this one didnt need the jumpber harness- does that sound right? well now i get a check engine light and it throws out a cell code that its the oxygen sensor. Today i was searching for it in the car and it ends up being that the 02 sensor with the four wire was connected but the other end wasnt plugged in anywhere it was just sitting next to the engine. Well after that i checked the back of the engine before getting to the cat and there was where the 02 sensor goes and there was one but it wasnt connected anywhere. It just had the connector dangling. It does not reach , even tough i make an extension would it still throw the check engine light? And do i need the secondary 02 sensor connected?
It's correct to start up your own thread for this question. You are new so it's no big deal - just start a thread and ask the question. We try and keep things organized and each thread staying on topic for the original poster.

Asking questions on someone else's thread is considered "Thread Jacking" and is discouraged. Again, you are new so no harm no foul.

Oh, and welcome to HondaSwap forums. ;)

Back