o2 sensor wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludefreek

i have a '99 prelude base and was wondering if anyone knew the wiring for the first o2 sensor. im installing a AFR guage and need the wiring designations and colors. on my sensor there are 2 white wires, 1 black (i assume ground) and 1 grey. any help here would be greatly appreciated. :)

*edit* ive read the other post about this, but, mine has 2 SOLID white wires, no black stripe on either one.

ok, got it figured out...everyone get out your pad and pen for some quick inside info...

on your obd2 o2 sensor, the wire colors that go from the o2 sensor and the plug on the main harness dont mean squat. ive checked on 3 other cars and they are all different. why they do this, i havent a clue. anyway, back to my explaination, what you will have to do is look at the wiring on the harness side of the plug, those colors are the ones you need to go by. for most ppl it will be a solid white wire, this is the same wire that goes to the ecu. on my car that white wire was connected to the black wire on the o2 sensor, farked up huh. and if you need the ecu pin location, its D-7 for a 5th gen prelude. not sure about other obd2 vehicles but i think they are pretty much the same as you can swap ecus among different vehicles.

if anyone has anything to add to this, feel free to do so.

Back