O2 Sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ENCOPRESIS3

EVER SINCE I PUT B16 INTO 1991 CRX, I GET A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ALL THE TIME AND ECU READS OXYGEN CONTENT CODE, HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS AND HOW MUCH $ IS IT

i'm currently expeirncing the same problem. :angry: are you using 1 o2 or both? from what i have been researching you need both and they have to be in the correct location to properly read the exuast, 1 o2 reades cylinder 2/4 and the 2nd reads cylinder 1/3, i think :unsure: . you can always get a new ecu that only reads 1 o2, it looks like i might be doing that.

correct me if im wrong guys but i always thought that the o2 sensor was in the header or the in the down pipe right before the cat

IF YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING A PR3 ECU YOU NEED 2 O2 SENSORS IN YOU HEADER 1 IN 1&4 AND 1 IN 2&3. YOU CAN EITHER MAKE YOU OWN BUNGS OR LET A MUFFLER SHOP DO IT OR WHAT I DID WAS GET MY ECU REPROGRAMMED TO ONLY READ 1O2 SENSOR AT 1&4 AT GBRTUNNING.COM THEY HAVE REAL FAST TURNAROUND TIMES AND YOU GET A CUSTOM FUEL MAP FOR YOUR MODS.

they tricked you into thinking that by you telling them what mods you have they can make a custom fuel map??

hahaha

Originally posted by kingwilly@Apr 23 2003, 08:48 PM
so whats the best setup on o2 sensors with jdm b16.???

both oxygen sensors in the same reltaive place... this pic is taken directly from a jdm b16a service manual... see where the two sensors are?

o2sensors.jpg

ok...... what if you have a 4-1 header(dc sports) and there is one o2 sensor bung, on the header, right in front of the cat? do you just get another bung made at a local shop? the ecu should read both o2's proprely if they are placed correctly, right? :huh:

the best way to do it and solve all the problems is running BOTH 02's out of the o2 at the collector of the header and just run both off of that another feasable is that u can ground the secon 02 and just run the cu with 1 grounded and 1 working nothing will happedn and u will be fine WITHOUT the cheak engine ligh but the best was to do it is just either make 2 bugs for 2 o2's or just run off both off of the collector DONT run both o2's off of 1 o2 at the header ur car wont run to its potencial...

thats kind of repetavie and not accurate, for one when it gose through the cat it totaly changes its chemical composition, basicaly its not that that same type of gas that's are coming out...so if u have one at the cat just dont worry about that one and run both of them off the colecter O2 becaseu if u run one off the cat and the other off the colector 2 of ur pistons are going to run very lean...

Back