O2 Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

My Car has no O2 Sensor, so basically it ran like shit and then shut off and wouldnt turn back on. I Have a 92 Civic HB DX, with a 99 GSR OBD-2b,with a P72 OBD-1 ECU. Im wondering if I need one o2 sensor after the cat or do i need two? ive been told that OBD-1 only needs one O2 sensor but OBD-2 needs two, one on the header and one after the cat, my header that came with the engine doesnt have a hole for the O2 Sensor. Help Thanks

since your ecu is obd1, its only going to look for the primary o2 in the header.

plug up the other hole if you have it after the cat... and if you dont have one in the manifold- tap in just before the cat in the colelctor.

Autozone has The Bosch brand of O2 sensors which are not as expensive as a lot of others. Napa is always a good place to go for parts. If you want your wallet raped then you can go to Honda.

if bobham ever sends my stuff I have one I can sell u,and like I told you in your other post almost any obd1 honda will work to take from,find a used one as some parts stores get way too much for o2 sensors.....I'll pm you if bobham ever sends my stuff,I just got his extra to have an extra so I dont need it

Ok i need this as soon as possible, i need it before Sunday because school is killing me with no car.

I'll pm bobham now and see whats up...its been two weeks so I need to know neway but this is the yard I use in Iowa and they do great prices and I think she ships so you might e-mail her..........lynnmartha@lisco.com.......do me a small favor and tell her who sent ya...

as I dont know which harness you are running obd1 or 2, get the one that has a corresponding plug w/your harness.

so the obd2 gsr engine harness?or your dx harness?still dont know which one you are using.

get the o2 sensor that matches your engine harness and it will plug right in.

yes,that way it plugs up to your harness right...and thanks h22bubbleback,I'm driving the accord right now so I couldnt look for sure on the wires,obd2 wiring harness = obd2 4-wire o2 sensor....that should be the one you need,thats how I'm doing my swap

thanks hondaswap is one of the best honda helping forums, the rest are dickheads that arent helpful and arrogant.. thanks =] lol no disrespect to the other forums

OBD1 is also 4 wire..... your civic originaly had a 4 wire o2 sensor too. so you could use that one. it is in the header. and all you need is one cause you are running a obd1 ecu and it wont be looking for the second one even if there is a plug for it.

Back