o2 sensors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
anyone here use a bosch o2 sensor from autozone?

i installed a 4 wire in my sisters car and it shit the bed in less than a week and i installed 2 1 wire o2's in a 88 accord and the check engine light is back on after 3 days...

wtf?

am i retarded?

i'm guessing you hate them?

so its more than likely nothing i did while installing these sensors to make them go bad right?

how long does a bosch o2 usually last though?

more than a month right?

and i didn't buy the parts, just installed them, lol

is there any intermediary o2 sensors?

honda wants what, 200 bucks for a 4 wire?

Pretty sure BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, VW use Bosch products with no problems. I know the spark plugs are our motors don't agree, but the o2s are usually fine.

i can agree with that. hell my wideband is a bosch sensor.

i got it because it was cheap, and easily replacable, vs the NTK sensor.

but yeah, unless its mechanical failure of the o2, i don't see it burning out in a month, even a wide band running race gas for a month will last that long

I Hate bosch too.

But anyway, Is this car originally meant for a 4 wire, or is this a custom app ?

There is NO reason an O2 sensor should fail. No, really. No reason whatsoever. Mine failed because I torched the fucker to about 1400 degrees when my timing chain was off a tooth. But other than, there is no reason it should fail.

The heating element in it may be touching ground, though. And as far as failing, that would cause it to read RICH all the time, but not a complete 0 volt failure. Tell us what you're getting for voltage off of it anyway.

And remember, since it's 4 wire for ground go to the GROUND wire, not the engine. The parasitic drag of the meter will change it at that point.

-> Steve

well, here's the situation...

my sister ha s 96 or 97 civic shit pile, dx or lx...
her CEL came on, so i told her how to pull codes, she got primary o2 code..
so i changed the o2, reset the ecu and gave it back...
about 3-4 weeks later her CEL comes back on and she says its the same code as before...

i haven't had a chance to look under the hood yet so i dunno, it could just be unplugged or something, no idea...

my sister's hubby has a pretty nice 88 accord that i recently put a pacesetter header on... long story short, it was cheaper to go pacesetter than to replace the stock flew pipe...

so a while after the header he gets a CEL, so this weekend i replace both single wire o2's, reset the ecu, then his CEL comes back on 2 days later...

these cars are driving me crazy...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Aug 17 2005, 09:50 AM
well, here's the situation...

my sister ha s 96 or 97 civic shit pile, dx or lx...

is she hot?
her CEL came on, so i told her how to pull codes, she got primary o2 code..

holy crap! a chick who can pull error codes!!! is she hot?
so i changed the o2, reset the ecu and gave it back...
about 3-4 weeks later her CEL comes back on and she says its the same code as before...

i haven't had a chance to look under the hood yet so i dunno, it could just be unplugged or something, no idea...

hrm...

my sister's hubby

doh!

has a pretty nice 88 accord that i recently put a pacesetter header on... long story short, it was cheaper to go pacesetter than to replace the stock flew pipe...

so a while after the header he gets a CEL, so this weekend i replace both single wire o2's, reset the ecu, then his CEL comes back on 2 days later...

these cars are driving me crazy...
[post=541157]Quoted post[/post]​

the dual o2 sensor cars need to have the o2 in the right place- 1 per "bank" of exahust. did the paceshitter have the same location for the 2 bungs?

well, my only logical conclusion to all this, is that you're pulling the codes wrong... are you 100% positive that its the correct code for primary o2?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 16 2005, 01:52 PM
everyone here knows how i feel about bosch products.....
[post=540754]Quoted post[/post]​

The same way you feel about ceramic? :p

nothing really wrong with bosch products, ive installed a few of their sensors and they are still running fine years later. Their wipers and pretty sweet too lol.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol
everyone here knows how i feel about bosch products.....

is it the same reason why you hate goodridge lines?? cuz you have ONE bad run in with them so everything they make must be crap?? :p

Back