ob1 b18b or b20 in DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EFB18A1

hey i was wondering have anyone ever dropped an 94+ integra non-vtec engine into an 2nd gen integ before? or maybe even a b20. if so please give me some info on how you guys did it. like is it possible to use the b18a1 ecu to keep obd0 intead of ob1 from the 94-95 integra or obd2 from the 96+ integra or 97+ crv. and can i use the cable tranny? same for the b20. i'm kind of new on swaps so any help or info would be great. thanks guys.

This is what I have gathered so far on my Gen2 Teg swap searching:

use the search function

or, use the B18A distributor on your OBD1 B18B or B20 (I thought B20B and B20Z are OBD-II??) and use the fuel injectors from your B18A also. Your current engine harness needs to be swapped to the new/different motor. That is why you need your B18A injectors.

Yes, your current ECU will be driveable and tuned for a B18B motor (if you have a 92-93). If you have a 90-91 Teg (130HP) or you are using a B20B/Z, your car will still run perfectly fine, but you may want to use a different ECU.

I dunno, I am a noob :unsure:

ok. well so for example if i wanted to do a b18b swap into my 90 integra what are the parts you think i'll need to complete the swap? yeah i know the b20b/z are obd2. i was wondering should i even try doing the swap considering i'll have to go obd0 to obd2. the wiring would be a nightmare huh?

Not a nightmare. Don't need to "wire" anything.....just swap the B18A harness onto your "new" B18B motor, use the B18A injectors and distributor....etc etc keep your Teg OBD-0.

can anyone give me some info on the b20b/z swap? i tried finding it on the forum but not much luck with it. i was just wondering what i would need to drop a b20b/z longblock into a 1990 integra gs. i'm planning to turbocharge it too. any info would be a great help or if you know of some sites please leave the link.

B20B/z is the same as putting hte B18B in your car. Use yoru Harness, injectors, and distributor, You may also want to keep the Throttle body and TPS (throttle positioning sensor) off the B18A1.

Back