obama is going to bankrupt us.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's higher than that now.....

I work for a homeowner that buys and sells high end custom homes. He paid over 100k on his last home he sold in capitol gains alone.

my god. 28% capital gains?!?!?!

if you vote for him, i hope you don't ever want to
A) own a home/sell it and upgrade at some point

Um, you dont pay capital gains on your primary residence if its under 250k profit.

That female reporter had something about her though; so that video was not a total waste of time.

Um, you dont pay capital gains on your primary residence if its under 250k profit.

That female reporter had something about her though; so that video was not a total waste of time.

2 year law comes into play, and its 500k for a married couple filing joint. I guarantee next year or the following, I'll be well versed in this rule.

And to B above. It's very doubtful Obama will ever raise the capitol gains tax over 20%. At that price it will discourage selling an incredible amount.

It's very low now, and from an economical standpoint, its fucking stupid. How can you finance a ridiculous war and expect to save your rich buddies money? I'm all about fiscal economics, and both mccain and obama aren't on par with my views for how the government should be financed. I strongly dislike regressive taxes, and capitol gains isn't 100% on par with theft, but defers from the fact that the money will be redistributed to other individuals, generating increased revenue for the government.

Oh yes, and Ron "spend all ya want, we'll print more" Paul is going to make us rich.

obviously, you don't know a god damn thing about ron paul. Either way, he has nothing to do with this thread.

I should just kick back and be happy that you guys are trashing Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama.

oh man, here i come with the :popcorn:
School-popcorn%20box.gif

popcorn.jpg

NSFW popcorn link

Bankrupt, considering the country has been in debt for years this dosent supprize me one bit.

i'm not talking about gov't. i'm talking about you and me.

does it really matter we are fucked either way we vote. its not even a matter of the lesser of two evils we are just plain fucked.

that's the spirit. Anything that anyone has to offer "just sucks, dude" so don't vote :)

That's how democrats lose all the time. I mean, of all the black and white issues here (republican and far-off-center marxist) not one of them offers something that you can identify with ? Not immigration, foreign policy, budgets, supreme court nominations, gun laws, islamic terrorists... just .. nothin.

Dude.

i didn't say i wasn't gonna vote and that i didn't find somthin i agreed with but for the most part we are stuck choosing a total douche anyway.

Back