Obama releases long form birth cert

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is another question. I thought Hawaii only issued certificates of live birth and there was no way to get the long form. Ill find the cnn article that was talking about that issue.

What I don't quite get is why he was complaining about how "it's silly" and "I have better things to do", but waited damn near three years to just release it and put this topic to bed when he could have done it in 2008, then he wouldn't have had to waste his time now to say he has better things to do.

They are probably trying to put bad news through this week. People are concerned with the birth cert and the stupid Royal Wedding. Perfect time to release unfavorable info since it will pick up little attention.

Found the article on CNN. I guess it is possible for a citizen of Hawaii to obtain a copy of their long for birth certificate. You just have to file a FOIA request. And if a public official has a pressing need to inspect the orginal they will allow that but apparently Hawaii no longer accepts the long form.

CNN investigation: Obama 'birther' claims have no merit - CNN

Back