Obamacare-The New World Order

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There are a lot of workplaces that ban smokers.

I know my work place actually charges smokers a a monthly surcharge for smokers and will pay for a smoker to quit through multiple programs. We also have an onsite gym and a lot of other resources like jenny craig, an insurance rep, and nurse.

The loudest complainers seem to be overweight smokers... weird. If I were in charge, I would shut down all medical facilities for at least 5 years and make practicing medicine for monetary compensation a felony during that time. All of a sudden, diet and exercise will make a strong comeback.
I like it. But people may also die or at least become lame from mechanical injuries due to exercise in that time frame.

So $240 a month.

Sounds about right to what I was paying for just me. Can't wait to see my new plan next year...
our rates are company-wide. everyone who works for us gets this plan, or the 'family plan' which is the same thing but is 100 bucks more (160 vs 60) and supports spouse + kids as the company doesn't fully sponsor the family unit. its not based on age, diet, or anything else. it is a company hedged option.

so, just a spouse sucks. a spouse and a kid is better, a spouse and 32432421 kids is killer.

maybe the fact that I work for an indian based company and most of them are vegan plays a role in the rates....

There are a lot of workplaces that ban smokers.

I know my work place actually charges smokers a a monthly surcharge for smokers and will pay for a smoker to quit through multiple programs. We also have an onsite gym and a lot of other resources like jenny craig, an insurance rep, and nurse.
those programs are how the company works with insurers to keep rates low.

these things are exactly what ACA does NOT do and is why its so expensive.

maybe the fact that I work for an indian based company and most of them are vegan plays a role in the rates....
I worked in a prodominately Indian area for years. They got plenty fat eating "American Vegan". As for the best value being in having an uncountable amount of children, well let's just say Indians are know for their bargain hunting abilities.

I don't know any indians that eat vegan. They eat fried everything covered in cumin and hot sauce.

See, "Americanized" by me eat bacon. Probably because they tried it and realized their life was a lie until then. Americanized ones also usually drink, oh and they actually TIP.

I probably sound a little racist in this thread. I'm not. I love Indians as a culture. I just generally don't want to see them sitting in my section.

so if you fall in the income bracket and get the tax credit/subsidy, do you have to pay this back when income tax comes around.

so if you fall in the income bracket and get the tax credit/subsidy, do you have to pay this back when income tax comes around.

I don't understand the question.

Are you saying if you're not eligible for the subsidy based on your earnings, if you get paid the subsidy, will you have to pay it back?

That answer is obvious in the legal sense. The real question is how is the government performing income verification? The answer is, at least as it stands, for the first year, they're not.

Most people are more interested in the question of when is the subsidy paid - the answer is the subsidy is paid by the government directly to the insurers. A check never comes to the individual nor did they ever out of pocket the full amount and then receive a credit later.

this is not an accurate cost of health care, your plan is heavily subsidized by your employer
my health care will cost my employer approx the same per month as it would cost for me to go through the NY health website. similar cost for similar coverage
about $650 a month for 0 deductible and $30/$50 doctor copays, and rx coverage
no government subsidies to reduce cost, and all plans are offered through private companies like mvp/united health/etc

i would be curious to know the total monthly cost for your plan, vs a similar plan through the gov't exchange. comparing what you pay after your employer picks up the rest of the tab is not a good comparison

This.

That's why in a way, ACA is good for businesses. They no longer have to subsidize the health costs of anyone but their valuable employees that need to offer high compensation and benefit packages to. Everyone else can just get cut from the plan and sent to the government.

Bad for the tax payer because the system is already underfunded. This will just bankrupt ACA even quicker than anticipated, unless of course new legislation is drawn up to block employers from sending employees to the exchanges.

Who is it bad for? The middle class and upper class - but the middle class will feel the squeeze while the upper class doesn't like the tax bill, but they can still afford it and live comfortably.

Me thinks there was plenty of back room deals and big business walked away with a win, as did the lower class that typically votes democrat.

well from what i can gather, if you fall with in 10k to 45k a year and single on a single plan, that you will prolly get a tax credit/ helping you pay the premium. if you get that do you have to pay back what they help you with.

thanks that was easy enough lol, all this bs is confusing as hell to me, i do not fall into that bracket but my old lady does she is trying to decide if she will apply or not. both of our insurance went up about 125 bucks.

The one benefit of the ACA is some legislation that forces hospitals to provide a list price for procedures. Although that only helps individuals because insurance companies aren't paying a list rate anyway.

The only way that healthcare becomes affordable is that there's suddenly a greater percentage of people paying for health care versus those who are redeeming their healthcare benefits, people get healthier, or the cost of care decreases.

I wonder how ACA chose to address that issue...

So you're telling me, who ever vetted the contract, decided it was ok to use a company who didn't even code their own website to code one of the most comprehensive websites ever?

Attachments

• cgi federal obamacare fail.png
    cgi federal obamacare fail.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 180
Why reinvent the wheel even if you dont have to? When I was still doing freelance work I used Joomla for my site.

yes, but you are one dude....

These guys have been running federal contracts for 35 years! a billion dollar company!

Back