obd-0 car w/ obd-1 motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

ok im swapping a b18b into my 89' crx HF and i was wondering what electonically i have to change on the motor to make it plug n' play? heres what i think please let me know if im right or if i almost got it all and im using my stock harness from my crx to let me know what to change for obd-0 harness.

alternator....change to a 90-91 teg
ecu.............change to 90-90 teg (pr4)
dizzy...........change to any obd-0 dizzy from B series motor (b18a or first gen b16)
starter.........b18a starter from 90-91 teg
throttle body- obd-0 throttle body (i hope i got the right one.)

and thats all i can think of please let me know if there is anything else i need to change or add to my list i need EVERY sensor to plug right in when i do my swap thnx for any help -mike

ok maasey racer i dunno if i forgot to put it or not but i want to stick with my obd-0 harness so with that now in mind can anybody help me out? let me know asap thnx -mike

I have a turbocharged 97 B18B in my 91 CRX HF, and I kept the car OBD0.

Things you MUST change:
-Distributor (90-91 integra)
-Injectors (Use your stock HF ones, they're the same size the PR4 ECU expects to be there.)
-ECU (90-91 PR4 will work 95%, but using a chipped PM6 is technically better due to pinouts being slightly different, and the PR4 having an external controller for the AC system.)
-Flywheel, Clutch, Starter (Match to your transmission)

I'm pretty sure I'm running a 94 GSR alternator and it works fine.

OBD1 starter works fine.
OBD1 throttlebody, MAP sensor and TPS work fine too.

You'll have to extend a few wires here and there - thermoswitch is in a different spot, if you use the OBD1 TB, the MAP is on the TB instead of vac box on firewall... Um...

Make sure you pull a couple wires at the ECU. Have the notes @ home as to which wires, otherwise your car will throw odd codes cause HFs are wired bizarre.

This isn't a hard swap. Use your noggin and you'll be fine.

could you be a little more specific with the wiring thats my biggest fear and my least knowledgable area so maybe some pics and a very descriptive walk through please. i appreciate the help man you have already helped me a lot please go the extra mile and help me a little more thnx -mike

oh and i am using the obd-1 TB and im getting an obd-0 starter and alternator.

it's been a minute. Fit the HF wiring harness to the LS motor with the motor out of the car. It's been a while since I did the wiring in my car, and I kinda just winged it anyways. I'll look up the changs for the ECU when i get a chance, but the rest of it I just used common sense / tried to match up same function to same function.

Oh yeah, there are a couple HF things not present on the LS - a 3prong connector, for one.

thnx for the help and let me know when you look up the ecu wiring part thnx -mike

Find an OBD-0 Engine harness, Distributor, injectors, injector resistor box, ECU and Alternator I believe thats about it. I dont know hwy everyone has to give huge long explanations of what is needed sometimes, most of the times we just want a small list of parts... Mind you he wants to keep it OBD-0 if im not mistaken

anybody able to hook me up with a pic of the MAP and TPS sensors that i have to extend since im using an obd-1 throttle body? please its the last thing i need to see before im ready to do my swap. peace -mike

I don't have a digicam to take pictures but....

The TPS sensor connector is the same. It is a 3 pin plug, and comes off the engine wire harness. I'm don't even think you have to extend it - see if you can just plug it in.

The MAP sensor for your HF's motor is inside the black box of emissions gear with all the vac lines coming out of it that is mounted on the firewall. The connector comes off the BODY HARNESS of the car(NOT the engine harness) and goes to this box. You need to route this connector to the MAP sensor on the throttle body instead. I believe the connector fits as well here.

Hope that helps.
-Dave

thnx man very helpful and straight forward. i appreciate it im gonna go look at my car now and see if i can find this "black box" lol anyways thnx again oh and pics wouldnt hurt if anybody still wants to help thnx -mike

FWIW, the map is a 3pin connected shaped similarly to the TPS.
You can't miss the vacuum box. Black, held to firewall with 2 - 10mm bolts, has at least 4 vacuum lines coming out. 2 Electrical plugs going in if I remember right (MAP + everything else)

ok so i un-plug that MAP sensor then extend the wires but where will the wires have to be extended to? i know they have to go to the new MAP sensor but wheres that one located? oh and thatnx for the help man now i know where the MAP is on my car peace -mike

then nobody can help me out with a picture? how can so many people do the same swap and not be able to show me a pic? -mike

Back