OBD 1 ECU Modding ..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Hey,

Was wondering if any of you out there have done this or not .. modding the obd1 ecu.
I know that this is done on obd2 ecus with palms and laptops (alway using the oem ecu) .. but what about the obd1 ? I mean there is no connector to connect to the palm like on the obd2 ecus ...

How on earth do they mod the obd1 .. ? chucking out the chip and connecting it to a pc or what ?

Any info on this issue much appreciated ...

Thanks

yeah i immagine they do that .. but specifically ... in other words, can anyone mod an obd1 ecu ? what tools are needed ? (obviously keeping in mind that you must be technical to touch the timing maps .. pretty sure its a tough job)

Heared lots about hondata // but verrry few about uberdata .. any website or link with info ? seems like a duy job :)

Ok Just what i was looking for... thankssssssss

My only prob now you know what it is ??
Finding a good ol P28 OBD1 ECU ... help !!!

Also ... any writeup or diy on how to convert p28 auto ecus to manual ?

check the classified forums, h-t's classified forums, ebay, the parts trader... they're all over the place, expect to spend around $120.

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Oct 5 2004, 03:07 PM
Ok Just what i was looking for... thankssssssss

My only prob now you know what it is ??
Finding a good ol P28 OBD1 ECU ... help !!!

Also ... any writeup or diy on how to convert p28 auto ecus to manual ?
[post=398647]Quoted post[/post]​

Auto to manual can be done in the software. Read the wiki on pgmfi.org, any and all questions you may have can be answered there.

or my web page in my sig has a link to converting obd1 p28 ecu's from atuo to manual via changing resistors

Thanks guys you`ve been of real help !

I got this other question i can`t quite solve.

Now.. say i got a p28 ecu .. and socket it up with the Uber socket kit, BUT for some reason i do not chip it ! Is it true that the ecu will try and find the eprom with the new parts installed, but will not work since its not there ? ..

You might say .. why on earth do i NOT want to install the eprom after i socket up the ecu ?
Well i`d like to just go back to stock if i might have some probs with mapping etc ...

I have a D15B vtec sohc engine ... i`ve been told that since the ecu will start looking for the eprom but wont work without it .... i could just pop in a chip with all the stock maps etc ..
Were do i find the bin file for a D15B though?? Or if i just import the p28 settings it will work like stock ??

HELPPPP how can i run stock p28 with an uberkit in my ecu ?

you can cut the jumper you put in across J1 and it will make the ecu not look for the eprom.

i woudl imagine you can find someone who has a program for a d15, or just start out with a base map and go get that bad boy tuned.... takes out the guess work

SURE ! thats my main aim to get it carefully tuned myself ./ but without a lampda meter ... its kinda risky ... too lean and the engine will go PUFFF... KAPUT if u know what i mean. :eek:

If i get that jumper cut ... will i also be able to do datalogging via usb or serial ?
In other words ... can it be done to datalog a stock ecu not chipped ? .. never saw any answer for this on the net ?

Ahaaa .. yeah that sounds good.
My only prob is that since in the usa eeeeeeevryone talks about B16s B18S H22s .. turbos n stuff .. (fuel is cheap in the US .. unlike in europe which is bloddy expensive!) well ... i`m not quite sure i`d be able to find a map for my small but faithfull JDM D15B ... (mind you its got 130hp) :p

If anyone can share one with me i`d be verrrrrry grateful :worthy:

Btw .. is there anyway i can burn a map from my stock ecu p28 ?? so i`d still be able to datalogg ?

Thanks

Back