OBD 1 in a 00 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Ok I need to do a rebuild on my B16a2 (bad rings). But in the mean time so I can still drive the car, I plan on putting in a JDM B16 92-95 motor. I know about the problems with running a pre-obd electonics. But if I use the USDM IM, Dizzy, Oil Pump along with the USDM Wire Harness should I have any problems running my USDM ECU with this older motor? what problem will I run in to doing this Swap?

Im sure the mounts are the same so Im just looking at a long block B16, if I can get an OBDII I will, it just the OBD1 are cheaper and easlier to find.

You dont need to change the oil pump. To run that engine on your obd2 car, just put the IM/TB, distributor, and use your injector clips from the obd2 setup on the new engine. The only thing different, may be the o2 sensor, which can be swapped out with the old one. From there, you shouldnt have any problems running it with an obd2 ecu.

But the JDM motors dont have the Crank Pos Sensor in the Oil pump, If I dont run it wont I throw a CEL?

Back