OBD-1 into OBD-2 Accord help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

So I swapped a 95 accord sohc-vtec into my 97 accord se (non-vtec). The swap was out of necessity, so I don't care if it has "vtec" or not.

I converted the obd-2 engine harness to match the obd-1 distributor , swapped the egr valves and swapped out the injectors. Other than that everything was plug'n play.

Now I have codes 71,72 and 74 while using the obd-2 ecu. I wanted to stay simple and cheap and thought this would work fine... but I don't know why it's throwing these codes... the engine seems to run fine (I don't hear any detonation or anything), although the power band does seem a little weak in the upper rpms...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll throw out my 2 cents here, which is if you can get the ecu from the 95, get that and get a crossover cable to go from obd-2 to obd-1. As we all know obd-2 added more sensors for higher emissions control and the obd-1 motor may not have all of them. I know your trying to stay as cheap and simple as possible, but I think that would be the best bet. What motor did you have in there vs. the one you have now? We know its vtec vs non-vtec but you know what I mean? -Gary

Back