OBD-I Data Link Connector...online sellers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rabinzero

Hey folks,

I failed inspection because my OBD DLC is bad or damaged. I can't seem to find a place online that sells one and I've googled my ass off. Anyone offer any suggestions? I've heard junkyards, but that's not an option here unfortunately. Any places online you guys could point me to would be great! Thanks in advance.

Justin

Short of going to a dealership and buying a brand new one, you aren't going to find one other than going to a junkyard. You MIGHT get lucky and find someone who's parting out a car who would sell you just the DLC, but I highly doubt it.

Look online at some websites like junkyarddog.com , most junkyards will usually ship parts to you.

If you don't want to use a junkyard or buy a new one for a dealership, you're pretty much SOL.

Thanks Civicious! I'll try that route bro. Appreciate ya. Just to double check...I assume since Intercrew left the OBD-I in there, it works with b20 vtecs, right?

Last edited:
Yeah, it should work...There really isn't a whole lot to the DLC, all it is is a big plastic plug with a couplea wires in it...provided you're still using an OBD1 ECU it should work fine...the only thing I could think that would be the problem, short of it actually being damaged (which I find somewhat unlkely), would be that maybe you've got a chipped ECU or Hondata or something, which might cause the diagnostic scan tool that they're plugging in to not read the ECU correctly...I'm not sure if a chipped ecu and/or Hondata would cause that problem, as I've never had to deal with any type of emissions, but I suppose it's a possibility.

I'd call Phillip and ask him what he thinks...he might be able to take care of the problem for ya. Oh, and if you do happen to talk to Phillip, tell him William from Lufkin said what's up.

I'll have him check that out too LateApex31. Thanks for your input as well.

Back