OBD I DLC and ECU questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic02

Hello, I am new to the Honda scene after just recently purchasing my 95 LS as a DD. I am originally from the 3000GT scene but am now selling that car.
Anyway I just have a few questions about the DLCs.

*Being a 95 Integra I understand that I am OBD I. I currently have no CEL or ABS light lit but decided to scan for the hell of it. I have noticed a 3 pin and 2 pin DLC. I jumpped both pins of the 2p DLC and the CEL did not flash at all (I assume I have no codes stored), but the ABS flashed 2 blinks paus 1 blink. The 98-01 manual claims this as a solnoid but I believe the 93 < claims it as a parking brake. Is jumpping the pins on the 2p DLC the correct way to read both the ABS and CEL? Also how can I have an ABS code stored but no light normally on and what does this code mean in a 95 integra?

*Does the OBD I ECU ever store "soft codes" which do not illuminate the CEL, yet still produce a flash code when the 2p DLC is jumpped?

*Being from the 3000GT scene I know that for the OBD I 3000GTs a device called pocketlogger or the Mitsubishi factory scan tool MUT-II can be used to read codes and datalog. Is there any such thing for Honda's OBD I? For example if I were to take my car to the dealership would they use a special tool to read the CEL, or just flash codes. Also if there is no special tool how can I datalog to view sensor data?

*If the 2p DLC is used to scan btoh the CEL and ABS, as I believe, what is the purpose of the 3piece DLC? I have saw a guide of how to read the CEL on a prelude mention jumpping the outter pins of the 3p DLC.

Those are some really good questions that you dont hear much about, unfortunately i cant help much on the subject of cel codes and the like but be patient and you should get some answers from our pros.

Before you do the cel and abs checks and stuff... start the car, let it run for a minute. Push and hold the green button for 3 seconds, then push 3 more times quickly. (Your maint req should blink as you push this)

let me know what that does

Back