OBD II B will work? Smog

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

I have a 92 civic with a 97 JDM ITR B18C, I want to get my car Bar'ed so the swap will be legal in Cali. To get it refed I must use a USDM ECU. I just want to make shure that I could use a USDM P73 OBDII-B on the JDM motor. I would have to buy a new jumper harness because I own a OBDII-A jumper.

If some one can tell me the diffrence about the "A" and the "B", like any other sensors that the B may have over the A will be greatly appreated.
thanks

Hell I just won it off ebay, 90 bucks total.
I hope it will work, if it doesnt oh, well I'm sure I could get most of my money back.

but if some one could tell me the diffrence between OBDII-A and OBDII-B that would be still helpful

the differences between A and B is the plugs on the ecu.. like i told you in pm.. that ecu is gonna look for an immobilizer and most likely the car wont start

obd2-a
plugs.jpg

obd2-b
plugs.jpg

Could I just go to a Honda/Acura dealer and have them remove it?

Or could a radio shop remove it. It would have to be removed for a remote start?

Last edited:
i'm sure you can remove it..

my suggestion to you before you buy another thing.. is go see the ref.. they'll tell you exactly what you'll need to BAR the motor.

i'm sure you can remove it..

my suggestion to you before you buy another thing.. is go see the ref.. they'll tell you exactly what you'll need to BAR the motor.

Yeah, I need to get an appointment. I talked to the Ref, the ref is at my local Jounior College when I still attended there. So I'm just going off what he said. But Yes I will be making an appointment.

mine was at the local CC also.. good luck with everything, let us know how it goes.. you'll most likely need the USDM ITR manifold too

mine was at the local CC also.. good luck with everything, let us know how it goes.. you'll most likely need the USDM ITR manifold too

Yeah, I know I think I could get away with a Skunk2 has a CARB#
what we do so we can live in cali.lol

no shit.. just make sure the CARB# and part # are for the ITR.. or they'll fail that part

Back