1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civiclxb16, Jan 31, 2005.

1. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

ok here is the deal i have an obd2a car but i am running an obd1 ecu with a convertion kit. now what i wanted to know is can i run an obd1 gsr dizzy on my b16 being that i am running my obd1 p28 will that work or is it a done deal need an obd2a dizzy no matter what i run?

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

My understanding is that you would have to run a obd2a dizzy. The harness moves wires around based on the obd2a setup. If you start using obd1 parts the harness will not longer be right.

3. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

the only reason why i asked is because i figured that the wires are shifted around to be configed to obd1 so it should be able to take an obd1 dizzy, only because my dizzy blew i have the chance to get one for free but it is obd1 from a gsr!!

4. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

OBD1 and 2 dizzys are the same except for the pin locations on the plugs, you'll need to repin the plugs to match the obd1 setup but it will work fine other than that.

5. civiclxb16

civiclxb16 Senior Member

i know this is a crazy question but do you know what pins i have to move the only reason why i am going thur all this is because i am getting a free obd1 dizzy from a gsr!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted