obd wiring harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreded90crxsi

Would it work to put a obd1 wiring harness from a 92-95 civic in to my obd0 90 crx. I know my stock wiring harness can be modified or I could buy a obd converter from a company, but I was wondering if this would work. If it is something that will work I think getting the wiring harness for a civic with a z6 would make it a lot easier. Please don't reply only to say "just converts the harness you have it's cheaper". Thanks ahead for any help I get.

no it would not work without extensive modifications to the chassis harness as well. Don't do it unless you feel like gutting the wiring to most of your car and replacing it.

HOWEVER, the Z6 harness will be very valuable to you if you decide to make your own engine harness to run the motor. If you have a DX CRX, you'll have to do the MPFI conversion at the same time you do anything/everything else. The Z6 harness will provide you with all the parts you need for that.

So... go and fix it.

Thanks for the reply. What is different about the wiring besides where it connects to the ecu and the wires that go to the engin?

thats a strange question.

the plugs into the ECU are different , if you could even physically jam them in there the wires would be running to the wrong pins.

I plan on converting my crx si to obd1 and running a p28 ecu. I'm not gonna try and put my current ecu into an obd1 wiring harness or a p28 into my stock unmodified harness. How is it a strange question? I'm just trying to learn what all my available options are.

get an electrical manual kid. All the wiring from dash-> ECU, ECU-> shock towers AND the plugs at the shock towers are all different.

Back