obd0 b16 into a 94 hatch questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
I have a obd0 b16 and my friends wants to know what all would be needed to swap my obd0 b16 into his 94 civic hatch. I know of some things that would be needed to be done but i need to get a list together for him. thanks

Easiest way it get a hydraulic clutch tranny, a OBD 1 distributor, plugs, axles, shift linkage, ECU.

Hmm, I left out the word injector when I typed injector plugs ...weird.

I read somewhere that the axles from 93 integra will work and my friend would have to get a obd1 throttle body and intake. 94+ integra mounts will work too. He said he was worried about a lot of wiring but i think the only wiring he would have to do is the vtec and coolant temp gauge or something like that.

i know its a old thread but im doing the same exact swap on my 93 civic hatch now and just wanted to know if it was ever finished and how did it run?? wat did ur friend actually did?.... what dizzy did he use???

Well he didn't end up buying the swap. So i bought a 91 hatch and put the motor into that and its running fine.

Cool glad to hear it went well and the motor is good. It is not legal to swap an older motor into a newer car. So OBD0 motor in a OBD1 car is not legal but is can be done just like any other swap. You are better off with the 91 hatch.

Back