OBD0 chassis, OBD1 engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

capmcatastrophy

So I have an 88 DX hatch and an OBD1 SOHC ZC engine that I'm getting ready to drop it. I know I will have to convert from DPFI to MPFI and will have to run an OBD1 ECU. My question is, do, or rather CAN I use an OBD0 injector resistor box to do the MPFI swap? Also, would the pinouts for the conversion be the same on, say a P28 ecu (if I wanted to put a D16Z6 head on maybe :ph34r: )

Originally posted by capmcatastrophy@Sep 19 2005, 10:43 PM
So I have an 88 DX hatch and an OBD1 SOHC ZC engine that I'm getting ready to drop it. I know I will have to convert from DPFI to MPFI and will have to run an OBD1 ECU. My question is, do, or rather CAN I use an OBD0 injector resistor box to do the MPFI swap? Also, would the pinouts for the conversion be the same on, say a P28 ecu (if I wanted to put a D16Z6 head on maybe :ph34r: )
[post=556885]Quoted post[/post]​

yes you can use the resistor pack if you use obd-0 injectors, if you use obd-1 injectors instead, you wire on a ground cap that connects them all together, which your zc should have.

The ecu does not care which injectors you use so:
obd-0 inj = resistor pack
obd-1 inj = no resistor pack

Originally posted by dohcvteccivic@Sep 20 2005, 12:15 AM
Oh and yeah all obd-1 ecu have the same pinouts (or damn close)

You gonna use a conversion harness or what?
[post=556920]Quoted post[/post]​

You should try a search on google, there are plenty sites that can help if you are going to do it yourself, if not there are companies to help

Ryan

I'm doing the DP to MP conversion myself. From the research I've done its not nearly as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. I'll probably buy an obd0 to obd1 adapter harness though for the ecu wiring.

Back