OBD0 LS swap into EF Si Code 43

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thirteen_20

EF Tuner
:confused:trying to narrow down what could throw this code. i know this code is for the fuel system, but what part of it am i looking to find a problem...motor needs rebuilt( rings, headgasket). runs great! after it warms up, it throws this code and cel comes on...this is the ONLY code it will throw, and it seems to be running a tad rich. any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance...

i think u mean ( 4 blinks then 3 blink ) 4-3
obd1 will trow ( 4long blinks the 3 fast blinks) 43

4 CKP - crank position sensor ( dizzy problem )
&
3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor

zc-vacdiagram.jpg

i think u mean ( 4 blinks then 3 blink ) 4-3
obd1 will trow ( 4long blinks the 3 fast blinks) 43

this is exactly what it is doing through that little window on the ecu. 4 long blinks, then 3 fast blinks. i built this car from ground up myself. the only thing i need to figure out is where to start looking in terms of fuel system problems that would trigger the cel.

it sounds like u and me are in the same boat. im having the same issue and nobody seems to know. if you find out how to fix it let me know and if i find out how i let you know. peace and good luck

change your dizzy and map sensor im when i go to the shop tomorrow i will check on all data to see what would cause this

im sure we both are talking about a code 43, fuel delivery system not a map or dizzy problem.
our cars are running fine, we are just using too much fuel. as shown on my smog results.
so far what i have done; changed all the vacuum lines, adjusted the timing, checked the fuel pressure regulator, i even changed the injectors to 91 si and the code still lives bright. my o2 sensor is brand new, new oil, filters s.plugs, wires, cap rotor to insure the ignition system is in working order.
i will check the fuel pressure tomorrow, need to buy the tool.
might be the fuel cut off solinoid or something stupid.
anybody else delt with this and found the solution?

just a thought, since the crx i have is a dx and i put an ls into it, are the main relays the same or to i have to change it to one that was made for a mpfi vehicle?

I swaped a ls In my 89lx 4door I pulled zc runin n droped ls in I pulled that too runin I use zc harnest on ls motor n dizzy it ran then I cut wires n wired up da ls n the exter 2 wires for retardation it gets spark the wires r all right order it cranks now justs floods cuz it feeds too much fuel any body know why? Runin ls ecu too..

when i finaly got my problem fixed for the code 43 was i just got a new o2 sensor and as for the running rich problem im using a pm6 ecu for my 91 LS it runs,passes smog and gets better gas mileage...so do that

Back