obd0-obd1 conversion instructions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
well me and my buddy just found out somethinf REALLY WRONG. :eek:

when your ready to install the obd1 dizzy. match the wires!
the only one you need to worry about is the
THICK WHITE obd(0) it goes to YELLOW W/GREEN STRIPE! obd(1)

my friend found out by chacking the honda books for obd0 and 1 and matched the wires. the moment he did the car started right up. just figure i'd let you all know so you dont mess up the wiring or your car :dry: mainly i did it so you dont get pissed of like i did.

ripperbone: everything else was right. i dont understand though. My buddy said that even though the wiring is similar. The instructions ar for locash racing but WE HAVE AVID harness. Anyway, i need an b16 dizzy to complete my swap so ya'll look out.

hope it helps.

Taco (Abel)

Quoted post[/post]]
alright i've already looked through HS and rywire (still looking). I've got everything already just need the instructions to get this project finished. ANYTHING WILL HELP. tHANKS :worthy:
do you have a fax? cause i still have mine from locash racing. i can fax them to you

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
alright i've already looked through HS and rywire (still looking). I've got everything already just need the instructions to get this project finished. ANYTHING WILL HELP. tHANKS :worthy:
do you have a fax? cause i still have mine from locash racing. i can fax them to you
just waiting for my buddy to call back with the #

well i traced all the wires(loose ones). Problem is.........i dont know what they mean for example

-green-(IAB solenoid)
- blue-(PO2H)
- pinout A25 on the obd1 side says (IGP1)
- A26 is (LG1)..and so on

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:laugh: wow you trying to wire it yourself, I thought you had a conversion kit already. I can pm you the number to locash, I am sure he can answer any questions you might have.

Quoted post[/post]]
:laugh: wow you trying to wire it yourself, I thought you had a conversion kit already. I can pm you the number to locash, I am sure he can answer any questions you might have.

i do have the conversion kit. I just have a couple LOOSE wire that i dont know. anyway ripperbone heres the fax # (850) 576-1290

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
fax has been sent and I also found this on locash's website
http://www.locashracing.com/pages/instructions.htm

you are the FUCKING MAN! :worthy: :worthy: thats all i needed....for now. Thanks guys for coming to the rescue. :happydance:
thanks man :thumbsup: just glad i could help. and yea keep us posted on your progress
i will. If i could get a hold of a camera i'll take pics as well

well i started today. unfortunatley it got dark on me real quick. I started with o2 sensor first. that took like 5 mins. just label them with some stickys or something. that way you know which wire to grab right then and there. Instead of looking through your books or instrucions

ECU Adapter color ------- o2 sensor color
white-------------------white
blue--------------------orange/black
red---------------------yellow/black
Black------------------green/white

your o2 sensor might be a little different in color if so go to the site ripperbone has above.

then i tackeled the ecu. plug and play.thats it. Ran the last 4 wires

purple-vtec solenoid
white-o2 sensor
gray-vtec oil press.
blue-o2 heater control

DISTRIBUTER
i cut the obd0 side harness and switched it with an obd1 plug.I got mine from the junker
obd(0) --------------------------- obd(1)
blue w/green stripe------------orange
bluee w/yellow stripe---------white
Orange w/ blue stripe---------- same
white with blue stripe------------same
Orange--------------------------- blue w/ green stripe
Thin white------------------------blue w/yellow stripe
thick white-----------------------yellow w/green stripe

PROBLEM
because its an lsvtec (i think) the gsr dizzy wont fit right. The leg next to the vtec solonoid gets in the way. I started grinding it down a little but it was too late to work. Till next time. Other than that all i have to do is clean up my mess and hide the wires.

The total time was about an hour and half. Mainly beacause i labeled the wires and already knew what went where.Look at the website Ripperbone posted above for more DETAILED instructions.

thanks i'm about to finish up right know

88 CRX DX with lsvtec swap converting to OBD1

well i had a bad day today. I went to finish up the car. The dizzy didnt fit. Had to grind some of the leg off. It still didnt fit. so i grinded some of the VTS. Just enought to be able to move it for timing issues. cleaned everything up and hid the wires. go inside the car and ...NOTHING. All it did was try. It never actually tunrned over.
-checked the firing order
-used better connectors for the distributer because i double checked the -wiring
-looked at the ecu wiring and it seemed fine.
-coil pack is good
tomm. i'm checking to see if the main relay is turning on and to make sure all the powers and grounds have power and are grounded.
I hooked up some wires that were left cut from the previous swap. So i'm going unhook them. maybe they were cut for a reason. damn this sucks. i thought it was going to be a piece of cake.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
. i thought it was going to be a piece of cake.
:laugh: nope not on your first time
well it was easy. I just can't figure it out ?! I mean the wiring wasn't that bad. Yeah i had alittle modding to do with the solenoid and dizzy but nothing major. I just cant figure out why it wont CRANK! :dry: i'll let you know when i find the problem. I'm sure it was just something i missed. :blink:

Quoted post[/post]]
well me and my buddy just found out somethinf REALLY WRONG. :eek:

when your ready to install the obd1 dizzy. match the wires!
the only one you need to worry about is the
THICK WHITE obd(0) it goes to YELLOW W/GREEN STRIPE! obd(1)

my friend found out by chacking the honda books for obd0 and 1 and matched the wires. the moment he did the car started right up. just figure i'd let you all know so you dont mess up the wiring or your car :dry: mainly i did it so you dont get pissed of like i did.

ripperbone: everything else was right. i dont understand though. My buddy said that even though the wiring is similar. The instructions ar for locash racing but WE HAVE AVID harness. Anyway, i need an b16 dizzy to complete my swap so ya'll look out.

hope it helps.

Taco (Abel)

bump

Back