obd0 or 0bd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Is this engine obd0 or obd1?

wMTAyODU0OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I remember awhile back people talking about the DOHC and the VTEC on the valve cover the size being different would reflect what gen it was.

Im trading my B20 for this B16. Not sure if its obd0 or obd1. Not that it matters at all, but just need to know. Thanks

the electronics are what determine obd0 or obd1. If the dizzy has two yellow plugs, its obd0. if the dizzy has two gray plugs, its obd1, if the dizzy has one gray plug, its obd2. as far as injectors, you'd have to test the resistance on them to see if they are peak and hold or saturated.

plus, look at the stamp on the head. it will give a year of manufacture. 89-91 = obd0, 92-95 = obd1, and 96-01 = obd2

ummm valve covers are insanely easy to swap. i wouldnt go by that alone.

look on the back of the intake manifold, there should be either PR3 or P30. PR3 = obd0, P30 = obd1

Originally posted by DTEC@Aug 9 2005, 09:12 PM
ummm valve covers are insanely easy to swap. i wouldnt go by that alone.

look on the back of the intake manifold, there should be either PR3 or P30. PR3 = obd0, P30 = obd1
[post=538117]Quoted post[/post]​

yea I know. I got the picture from HMO so I figured it wouldnt be a swapped valve cover...

I dont have the engine in front of me right now. Ill have him take a pic real fast.

Back