1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBD0 or 1

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Bl6CRX, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Hey wassup guys, im thinking about converting my REX to OBD1, i was just wondering if anyone had done this and what kinda of results you might have got or that your friends got from switching over from OBD0...

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Why you going to do that? That's a tad pointless... isnt it? It isnt going to make a difference when you do this. IMO It will be a bigger headache than it's worth. Do what you want. See ya

3. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

A buddy of mine made his 88 CRX Si with a D16z6 all OBD1. He said it ran 10x smoother than the z6 on OBD0 ever did.

I personally don't think it's worth it... yet.

4. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

yeah thats why im thinking seriously about doing it lol, im not sure why else haha, but yeah im about to get a ecu chip and i have been toying with the idea so theres no real since in spending the money chipping two different ecu's if i decide to do it down the road especially since im thinking of having Erik's racing do it or hondata

5. omega11855

omega11855 Senior Member

6. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

There are a few good reasons to run OBD-1, I am about to run OBD1 on my 89 hatch back. If you live in California, you need to be OBD1 to install a b16 in your car. With OBD1 you can run Hondata. There are more ECUs and programs to choose from with OBD1. Even people with OBD2 convert to OBD1. Personally I would only convert to OBD1 if I live in California (as I do) or you are planning on running a some sort of tuning device such as Hondata or AEM.

7. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

My civic with a z6 in it ran so much better with obd1. If you don't go obd1 it is a bitch to control the ignition timing because its a hack job to get the distributor in. Plus you will get better fuel curves, that are designed for the engine.

8. khrisb

khrisb ******

Did all CRX's come OBD-0 or was it just the non-Si models???
    Just wondering...

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

it's based on its year I believe. So like I have a 90 integra, integra's to my understanding were OBD-0 for the production years 90-91... they were ODB-1 for 92-93 I know htis for sure, I'm not too srue about the CRX, check the Reference for this. Later man, hope I helped.

10. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

obd 0= 88-91
    obd 1= 92-95
    obd 2= 96-00(with a couple of different versions, but still obd2)

changing over to obd1 is well worth it i have and 88 w/z6 running on a pm6 w/ an rpm switch for vtec activation and i have a 89 w/ a y8 running on a p28 ecu and the 89 kicks the crap out of the 88( which has headers, intake and an si tranny)the 89 only has a zc 4-2-1 exhaust w/ the stock intake

11. kptrulee

kptrulee Senior Member

Can anybody tell me how I would go about finding out how to convert and engine harness from OBD-0 to OBD-1. I have a 00 Civic SI and I am going to be putting an OBD-0 engine into it and I need to know how to convert the engine into something that I can hook up to an OBD-2. I figured if I converted the engine to OBD-1 I would just have to buy the pre made adapter for the OBD-1 to OBD-2. Please some one help me out!!

12. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Start your own thread. This doesnt even relate to an ef. BTW why the fuck would you put an obd0 engine into an obd2 car? Have fun spending more money than the proper engine would have costed you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted