OBD0 to 1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TysonB11

Im looking into buying an integra, but i can't decide between a '90 GS, and a stock '93 GS.

Both have similar low mileage, but the '90 has tons of money invested in exterior mods that look awesome, a short shifter and a nice steering wheel. But apparently obd1 ecu's are much better for tuning, and of course the 93 has +10hp, and +5tq...

Does anyone know approximately how much the ODB0 to 1 swap costs in total? Im on somewhat of a budget.
Thanks for any feedback!

Tyson

Thanks!! I thought I would have to wait forever to get a response.

But I have another question you might be able to help me with, if you got time.

I think Iread that the hp gains of the 92-93' B18 was due to longer intake duration, so im curious if that could be done electronicaly using obd1. If not, can it be achieved by switching camshafts? Thanks again!

Oh, Gotcha.

Ok... If you did H,I,E, the PR4 cams, and other non-turbo tuning. What could be some benefits of switching to obd 1. Sorry, this information isn't easy to find.. Thanks:)

The main benefit of converting to OBDI is using Crome or Hondata, which are more powerful tuning tools than what's available for OBD0. Otherwise, there's no benefit to converting an OBD0 engine to OBDI in an OBD0 chassis.

:werd:

For your particular application it might not be worth it. Swapping to OBD1 is really of benefit when you're boosting or trying to tune a highly-built N/A motor. Like Blanco said it allows you to use programs like Crome or Hondata which allow for a much more comprehensive tune then what you can accomplish with a piggyback and it'll be cheaper then using a standalone.

I'd probably just get the 90 Integra since it's already somewhat modified, and then add the PR4 cams, intake/header/exhaust, etc. and call it good...

I picked up the 93. In better condition inside and out. And It had about 1000+ $ of maintenance done in the last month, including a new clutch, CV joints, air filter, O2 sensor and more :).
I read recently that you can accomplish high rpm power gains, similar to VTEC, by switching camshafts.. I was wondering if doing that would affect your fuel economy, or would you just lose low rpm hp and tq? Thanks!

I see. thanks again. I had a question about this..

With non-VTEC engines, aggressive cams will be very similar to a V8.

Just wondering In what way(s) are they similar? And i don't know about vacuum either!

Last edited:
Big cams/mpg?

How much if effects your fuel economy is largely dependent on how much lead is in your foot.

Assuming a stock b18a, with moderately increased overlap, lift and duration, is driven lightl to moderately, what sort of mpg can be expected? Thanks Blanco

You've been super helpful Blanco, thx!

My transmission/clutch/axle just broke on the 93 integra..
Im going to post the question somehwere else though, so if you see a clutch/axle thread please help!!

Back