OBD0 to OBD1 Conversion Problems - New

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geoffrey

OK, here is the problem:

JDM b18c with Toda cams going OBD0 to OBD1
OBD 1 Dizzy
4 wire O2 sensor
OBD 0 injectors with resistor box
Conversion harness (tried three types)
P28 with Hondata & also regular P28 tried both for manuals

This appears to be wired OK and even though I am not a professional I have done some wiring plus checked out by two other experienced mechanics. I get spark and I get 46 psi fuel pressure to the rail. The motor tries to turn over but will not catch and the injectors are not squirting. Does the same with both ECUs.

Any ideas?

I had the same symptoms on a ZC swap I did. Turned out ALL 4 injectors were bad. The place I got my motor from swapped them out with some known good ones and the car fired right up. Start their first. Did you just purchase this motor? or was it already in a car before?

Try switching out the injectors. 99.999% of a time when you get a 'new' motor from somewhere some small bullshit like that is fucked up, i.e. injectors, plug wires, distributor....

dont u take off the resistor box when running gsr injectors ?

[quote name='civicious' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:28 PM' post='644529']
[quote name='JdmFr0g' post='644522' date='Jan 22 2006, 08:05 PM']
dont u take off the resistor box when running gsr injectors ?

The injector bitis a very good idea and will try them. They were "nused" 320cc. Ummm, I think I will have to read up on testing the ones I have and get some others possibly. I wonder if they got fried by the previous owners.

That answer is so unbelievably obvious that I didn't think about it - great idea!

Any sleezy & easy ideas for testing the ones I have without swapping them to another car???

The way I test my injectors, is pull the fuel rail and injectors off of the intake manifold. Keep the injectors plugged into the fuel rail, and plugged into the harness. Aim the injectors away from anything of value, and have a friend crank the car. If the injectors squirt, they're OK. If not, they're fucked up.

Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsible for you catching anything on fire or breaking anything.

[quote name='civicious' date='Jan 22 2006, 09:43 PM' post='644539']
The way I test my injectors, is pull the fuel rail and injectors off of the intake manifold. Keep the injectors plugged into the fuel rail, and plugged into the harness. Aim the injectors away from anything of value, and have a friend crank the car. If the injectors squirt, they're OK. If not, they're fucked up.

Hmm, I have been thinking a bit:

1 - they did work when the car was in obd0

2 - they don't squirt even though the rail has pressure to it

Is it possible they could burn out if my dizzy wires were wrong at first (I don't think so since that should only involve the spark)? I kind of messed up with the Distributor King wiring since the colors were off but got a reman with the right colors and wired up correctly.

The car is a 1991 EX sedan.

I don't think the wiring would mess up a fuel injector like that. It might just being going out with age or is seized maybe?

What I did to test my GSXR1000 injectors was take two AA batteries, tape them in series, and then tape wires on both ends. I touched the injector terminals with the wires and I can hear them clicking on/off. A 9v battery should work just as well(if not better).
What I'm thinking you can try is soak the injectors in fuel injector cleaner, and try the battery method I did(maybe a car battery will work better; since its 12v and can provide more than enough current.) Before you do all of that, check to see if the injectors are getting power in the first place.

[quote name='K2e2vin' date='Jan 24 2006, 03:50 AM' post='645347']
I don't think the wiring would mess up a fuel injector like that. It might just being going out with age or is seized maybe?

Good idea and will try this next weekend, but strange that none of the four should work...

[quote name='RubyII' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:26 AM' post='645359']
[quote name='K2e2vin' date='Jan 24 2006, 03:50 AM' post='645347']

OK, fuel injectors are OK and the car is up and running with a few tweaks (like pulling the timing belt back two teeth and readjusting the valves. Drove it 15 miles and only a little idle problem due to CODES 2 & 13 which I should be able to get to Monday. So it looks like a happy ending, but need to scrub the codes to feel the VTEC power w/ Toda valvetrain....

Back