1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

obd0 to obd1 wiring question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by frosty, Nov 13, 2007.

1. frosty

frosty Junior Member

i'm doing an obd1 LS swap into my crx, and i found on the obd1 harness there is a brown plug that plugs into the thermostat housing that the obd0 crx harness doesn't have... the d16 doesn't have the sensor on the thermostat housing. do i have to extend the wires and run it to the ECU, or is there another option? i can take pics if no one knows what i'm talking about... thanks in advance

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

On the OBD0 motors, the fan switch is on the back of the block close to the oil filter; it's a 2-wire plug that has 2 individual prongs on it. You'll need to get a plug from another harness that will plug into the switch on the thermostat housing, extend the wires on the OBD0 harness, and wire these 2 wires to the plug. Then plug that into the switch on the OBD1 thermostat housing.

3. frosty

frosty Junior Member

thanks civicious.. on the LS block there's still a sensor next to the oil filter, it has blue/yellow & yellow/black wires coming from a green plug, what do i do with that one? on the obd1 harness there is 3 of the 2 prong plugs you mentioned, i know one goes on the thermostat housing and the other goes underneath the distributor, i just dont know what to do with the one for the back of the block.

4. frosty

frosty Junior Member

the plug on the back of the LS block is green, with a white/green and black wire coming from it.. what do i splice it to on the crx harness? the only thing left is a plug that has a blue/yellow and brown wire..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted