obd0 to obd1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I was wondering what all I would need in the way of wiring harnesses to put a 92 ZC into a 91 CRX HF. I have a local importer that has the ZC,tranny,ECU, pretty much everything that connects to the engine (harness & AC as well) for 750. Is it worth it? or just order a 91 ZC without anything attached for about the same price?

you can run the zc obd0, just use the stock harness and splice-n-cut, or you can convert it to obd0, not sure how.

or you can convert the car to obd1. ecu, injectors, distributor, 4 wire o2 sensor and conversion harness.

Well the engine that I would be getting would have all of that, but it has a hydro tranny (92's up, right?) and Ive got a cable in mine. Im not too interested in messing with changing my tranny, and a hydro is useless to me to sell.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was wondering what all I would need in the way of wiring harnesses to put a 92 ZC into a 91 CRX HF. I have a local importer that has the ZC,tranny,ECU, pretty much everything that connects to the engine (harness & AC as well) for 750. Is it worth it? or just order a 91 ZC without anything attached for about the same price?
are you talking DOHC ZC or SOHC? If DOHC, you would be better off buying the one that fits your car, which is the 88-91 DOHC ZC - 750 for engine, transmission and ECU is a good price for the DOHC ZC - you can make the 92 OBD1 engine work, but it is a lot of extra work for basically the same engine

there isnt a 92 zc DOHC? the guys at the local importer have two DOHC ZC engines that they say came out of a 92 chassis, i forget the chassis codes.... and they said its obd1. DOHC/OBD1 are you saying that doesnt exist? if not then theyve got the engine i need and they dont know it

im so confused :blink:

sure is OBD1 92-95 DOHC ZC - here is one place you can get one:

http://www.ni-mo.com/PerformanceEngines.htm

here is picture of one

wMTEyNjM2MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

The reason being that there aren't a lot of aftermarket parts available

another Honda myth - any aftermarket parts that are available for any other Honda engine are available for the DOHC ZC

just finished swapping one into a Del Sol this week

Quoted post[/post]]
there isnt a 92 zc DOHC? the guys at the local importer have two DOHC ZC engines that they say came out of a 92 chassis, i forget the chassis codes.... and they said its obd1. DOHC/OBD1 are you saying that doesnt exist? if not then theyve got the engine i need and they dont know it

im so confused :blink:
check out theZCresource forum - all ZC, with the best info - several guys on there have OBD1 ZCs in EGs and a few with OBD1 ZCs in EDs, some switched engine to OBD0 and some switched car to OBD1 - in my opinion, having done over 2 dozen ZC swaps, you are better off getting the OBD0 engine for the OBD0 car

EG had dohc zc in Japan... Remember if you run obd1, you need the obd1 dizzy... and oif you go obd0 you need the matching dizzy and the external cps

easy way to put it just get the obd0 zc and the sway into ur crx is staright bolt on if u put the obd1 zc u will need to get a jumper and more wire to splice so just drop in the the obd0 and used ur stock tranny or get an SI tranny and u will be fast as hell any D series tranny bolts on to the zc so dont worry about a tranny

Back