OBD1 b16 into '00 EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jonnyboy0150

I bought an OBD1 b16 that came out of a Del Sol. The dude i bought it from says the only thing i will need to make the conversion is an oil pump from a newer model that has a connection for a crank position sensor. Is there anything else i will need other than an ecu? will my axles work?? will the header fit onto my current exhaust? Or will it be too expensive and too much trouble to complete the swap? PLEASE HELP!!!

first off where do you live if you dont have emisions i would run it obd1 this is how use your harness and get a obd2-obd1 conversion and run the obd 1 ecu if you did not have vtec there are i think about 4-5 wires that you will have to switch and if you had a dx with a d16y7 or any automatic you will need to change the idle air controll plug and repin it also

would there be any advantges in performance by running obd1? would it be easier? i live in georgia but i can probably get someone to pass my emissions for me. thanks for the help this is my first swap!!!

there are no performance disadvantages in running an obd1 setup over obd2 - in fact, the obd1 jdm motors have about 8 extra horses than the 99/00 sir usdm motors, and a couple extra ft/lb's.

and an obd1 motor will be easier to turbocharge/supercharge

you're not supposed to - by law - but the question was about performance advantages

Back