obd1 b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C-Bye

91 dx droppin obd1 b16a (XSI). I have the engine harness all the way passed the cannon plugs cut off right before the firewall could I just match up the wires to the wires out of the ecu!! or even repin the harness out of the ecu to cannon plugs. It just seems tedious to take all of the nice wiring off the engine. will this work, i have the dpfi swithched to mpfi and vtec, knock sensors wires all ran through the firewall. :blink:

is this a stupid question, I mean it sounds like simple logic to me, but sometimes there are tecnicalities. :blink:

Originally posted by C-Bye@Sep 16 2005, 02:58 PM
91 dx droppin obd1 b16a (XSI). I have the engine harness all the way passed the cannon plugs cut off right before the firewall could I just match up the wires to the wires out of the ecu!! or even repin the harness out of the ecu to cannon plugs. It just seems tedious to take all of the nice wiring off the engine. will this work, i have the dpfi swithched to mpfi and vtec, knock sensors wires all ran through the firewall. :blink:
[post=555573]Quoted post[/post]​

You're supposed to use your stock DX engine harness, convert to MPFI, change injectors to OBD1 (optional, resistor box changes to block-off plug if obd1) Distributor and ECU must be OBD1.
The OBD0 to OBD1 ECU Jumper will have a pigtail of sensors such as VTEC, VTEC Oil, Knock, 4-wire O2. etc...

See http://www.rywire.com for your wiring conversion.

The motor is obd1, u mean change the plugs, white to grey, for the injectors? so I can just change the plugs on the dx harness, I have all the plugs. what all needs to be plugged in for the motor to run properly. I would like to just use the new harness if it is possible? its already hooked up, but from what everyone is telling me it is not possible? Any comments welcome

no you can't use a new harness without making a lot more work for yourself. Just use your stock harness with a conversion harness.

so change the plugs on the dx harness to the ones off the new motor, can I extend the wires if needed? and get the conversion harness. where could a get the plugs for the obd0 ecu, I would like to make a diy harness conversion.

it seems like your making alot of unessary work for yourself. or you prolly dont have the cash for the things to make your car obd1. but ya like every has said you use your stock dx harness and mate all the obd1 plugs into the old harness. and then get or make your own obd1 jumper harness. go to a junkyard and jack an obd1 and obd0 plugs and match up the wires with a wiring diagram. ps have fun

alright, this car is a real headache, the kid who had it really did a number on the dx harness, I have to buy a new one should I just buy the dx or get on out of an si? I am just going to buy all the stuff from rywire but I don't have an unmodified harness. What to do?

Back